Unhappy with Rhinoplasty. Will my Tip Drop?

I'm 18 y.o., got rhinoplasty 2 weeks ago. I had a little bump removed and my tip lifted but i'm not convinced with the results. I just wanted my doctor to remove the bump but he also lifted it a bit, i was told he had to lift it in order to get my nose in a good shape but now i look at myself in the mirror and feel like it's too pointy, i can see my nostrils which i couldn't see before the operation. Is my tip going to come down? In how long? Right now i don't even want to go out because i look so different and that's killing my self-esteem. Thank you for your answers.

+1

Take heart!  2 weeks is exceptionally early to worry about your long term results.  It is a common issue after rhinoplasty, in the very early postoperative period, for your nose to be slighly overrotated superiorly.  This will absolutely get better with time.  I would not show concern about your results until at least 3 months from the time of surgery.  Most patient's begin to feel that their nose starts to look more natural again after about 3-4 weeks from surgery but truly, your nose will not be complete with its journey until 1 year.  Have a friend or family member take a photo of your nose today and a follow up photo in 1 week.  Even in that short time you'll notice significant change.  Hope that helps!

Scottsdale Facial Plastic Surgeon