Im a 18 Yo Male and I Want to Get Rid of my Chubby Cheeks. Options?

Im 18 yo and I want to get rid my chubby cheeks. I am already skinny and i dont want to lose anymore weight. If possible I also dont want to get a plastic surgery. I've tried facial exercises but it doesn't quite helped me. Is there any way to get rid of them? Is there any relation to 'baby fat'?

Buccal fat pad reduction?

+1

Buccal fat pad reduction is a procedure that is not commonly performed but can make sense in the right patient.  It is important to understand the anatomy before undergoing the surgery so that you are well informed.  Normal aging reduces the buccal fat pad volume.  It is true that some people have more volume in their cheeks than others.  However, it is also universally true that that volume will decrease and descend over time.  Removing too much buccal fat can cause premature aging.  It is also important to remember that replacing fat that has been removed is extraordinarily difficult if not impossible.  The main reason is the location of the buccal fat pad.  It usually resides underneath a large muscle that is responsible for majority of the power motions of your chewing.  Once that fat is removed that space collapses.  Once collapsed it is very difficult to find the exact space and to reinsert a substance such as a filler or better yet fat.  One potential solution is to use something like Sculptra.  While I generally do not advocate buccal fat pad removal, I understand why somewhat would want procedures such as this.  I tried to choose my patients very carefully and I also tried to be conservative in the amount of fat that is removed.  Surgeons who trivialized this procedure simply don’t understand how difficult it is to correct deformities that may occur.  The cost of the procedure can run anywhere from $3000-$7000, depending upon your geographic locale.  Please visit with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  My best advice is to always be conservative with any buccal fat pad reduction.

Chubby cheeks

+1

For a right candidate with excessive buccal fat pads or chubby cheeks, removal from inside the month is the only way to correct this. Occasionally, this can be done in conjunction with liposuction of the lower face. Look at some pictures to get some idea of to expect.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Photos, of your face, would be helpful for the aesthetic evaluation.  It's not uncommon for the face to retain baby fat until the early to mid twenties.  If you're patient most of this will likely go away by then.  If after seeing an experienced plastic and cosmetic surgeon it's determined that you're a candidate to remove some of this facial fat now...I'd suggest micro-liposuction of the excess fat.

I do not recommend or perform buccal fat pad removal as this is the fat within the cheek and removing it can cause the face to appear sunken and gaunt in the mid to late 30's.