I am 18 years old with a sagging, jowly face. What are my options?
Doctor Answers (7)
Modified unilateral facelift for facial palsy
It would be very important for you to seek consultation with your primary care doctor or neurologist to refer you to a plastic surgeon for a reconstructive procedure.
A unilateral or one sided facial tightening can certainly be done in patients who have weakness or paralysis on one side of the face which causes sagging around the mouth and jaw line.
Facelift Options for Sagging, Jowly Face
You need an exam
You might also like...
Drooping face as a teen?
Sagging tissues after sports injury
- It is likely you have an injury to the nerves that move the face,
- Nerve branches in the face may be injured or the nerve may be injured within the brain,
- You need both a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or ENT Surgeon experienced in facial surgery and
- a neurologist to determine the level of the injury,
- Facial nerve injuries in the face can sometimes be repaired well after the injury,
- Injuries to the nerve origins in the brain cannot,
- Scans if not already done to determine what bone damage there may be,
- Then the discussion is what facial surgery can be done to restore your appearance.
- It will take a while to find the right surgeons but there is hope. Best wishes.
Age and facelift surgery
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.