Will a Breast Lift at 18 Help the Shape of Breasts and Nipple Placement?

I CAN'T STAND MY BREASTS! I don't like how low the nipples are, the shape would be fine if the nipples were higher. And a couple of years ago they were definitely not like this, and now I have stretch marks all over the top, and I was wondering if a breast lift would be the right choice? One of my other problems is that I do want kids, and worry that if I get surgery now, my breasts will still continue to droop with age and pregnancy. PLEASE HELP!!!

Breast Lift at 18?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about your concerns regarding the breasts' appearance. Based on your description of weight loss and the effects it has had on your breasts, There are a variety of different ways to improve the position and size of your breasts.  Exactly the procedure that is performed depends on your goals in regards to size, shape, superior pole volume etc.

Breast lifting procedures are associated with scars on the breasts;  exactly where these scars will be located will depend on the patient's physical examination and specific procedure performed. Most patients undergoing this procedure will accept scarring as long as their overall goals in regards to size, shape, contour and symmetry are met.

In person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons will be the best place to start.  As you do your “homework” you will learn about the potential risks/complications.  Also consider issues such as timing of the surgery in relation to your life circumstances ( such as relationships and/or pregnancies).

Make sure you do your due diligence and see lots of examples of the plastic surgeons'  work.

Best wishes

PHOTO: Breast lift of nipple and change in breast shape in 18 year old

+1

Any procedure that re-shapes your breast will involve cutting or rearranging the tissue. This could compromise the ability to nurse and should be deferred if this is important to you. However, an isolated nipple lift using a circumareolar approach could be accomplished without transecting any ductal tissue. This will leave a visible scar all the way around the repositioned nipple.

You might consider a breast lift

+1

A Breast Lift, or Mastopexy, rejuvenates the breasts by raising and reshaping them. This procedure is most commonly performed in patients with breast ptosis as the result of pregnancy, aging, and weight changes. Nipple position is elevated, extra skin is removed, and the breast tissue is repositioned at a higher level on the chest wall. Scars may be located around the areola in the Benelli procedure, around the areola with a vertical extension in the LeJour procedure, around the areola with an L-shaped extension in the SPAIR technique and in a traditional inverted-T using the Weiss pattern.

The extent of scarring depends on how much tightening of the skin is needed. Breast size is usually unchanged. Other possible side effects include change in nipple sensation and inability to breast-feed post-operatively. The procedure is performed as an outpatient and takes 1-3 hours depending on the quality of the breast tissue. Recovery takes about 5-7 days with return to strenuous activities after 4 weeks.

Marisa Lawrence, MD

Breast lift procedures

+1

Breast lift procedures lift the areola and can remodel the tissue to improve the sagging.  As for timing of when to do it, it is really up to you.

Not all breast lifts are the same!

+1

Breast lifts for a long time have been about excising skin to change the shape of a breast. But to do it properly, moving and reshaping breast tissue is the key. For you, the ideal procedure is the Goes Mastopexy. Some people describe it as an internal brassier lift. But by whatever name it goes, it will accomplish wahtyou are looking for. Finally the scars are almost invisible and only around the areola.

Robert M. Freund, MD

Breast Lift

+1

Having a breast lift will definitely improve the shape of the breast and position of the nipple and areola.  The enlargement of the beast tissue during pregnancy does stretch the skin and tissue and the effects of gravity over time will also lead to changes in your breast.  So, if you have a lift now, you may also need a secondary lift after having children.  Good luck.

David Shafer, MD