I Am 18 Years Old, I'm 5'8 155 Lbs and I Am a 36F?

I have tried extra support bras, multiple exercises revommended to me by my doctor as well as my friends anf yet the pain still exists...I get lower back pain frequently as well as pain in my breasts when running or jumping, I have trouble breathing while layin on my back or side during sleep, I usually have to lay with my arms above my head in order to get ample air through, I can't sit straight up for longer than 15 minutes before the pain becomes to much to bear.

Breast reduction

+1

Your description of your situation indicates that you would very likely benefit from a breast reduction.  Breast reduction surgery has one of the highest patient satisfaction levels and is a surgery that can change lives for the better.  I recommend that you consult with a Board certified plastic surgeon.

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction for 18 year old

+1
  • From your description, it sounds like you would definitely benefit from a breast reduction. 

I have seen patients similar to you who have had trouble sleeping on their back due to the weight of their breasts.  After having a breast reduction, their breathing was dramatically improved!  

• I would highly recommend meeting in person with a board certified plastic surgeon to find out more about how a breast reduction may benefit you!

Joshua Cooper, MD, FACS

36F Cup Breasts for Reduction

+1

From your description you may be an excellent candidate for a breast reduction.  You should seek a full evaluation from a board certified plastic surgeon.  Your pain may be the results of your breast size--but also may not be.  There are many reasons for back, neck and shoulder pain.  Good luck.

James N. Romanelli, MD, FACS
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction

+1

It sounds like you may be a good candidate for breast reduction but would need to be seen in person.  Good luck.

+1

You will need a complete exam and workup for the pains you are experiencing, but breast reduction will likely give you the relief you are seeking.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast reductions and breast lifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

36F Bra... What can I do?

+1

You sound like an excellent candidate for a breast reduction surgery.  You have all the symptoms associated with large, heavy breasts (shoulder and neck pain, bra strap grooving, difficulty exercising, etc.).  The best place to start is with your primary care doctor.  You will need to have them document these problems in your chart and give you a referral to a board certified plastic surgeon.  Your insurance will want to see that you have gone through these proper channels prior to approving the breast reduction surgery.

After a thorough discussion with your plastic surgeon, you will need to wait until insurance approves the procedure prior to having the surgery performed.  Some insurance companies don't cover breast reduction surgery, or won't approve you as a candidate, if this happens you can always undergo the procedure as a cosmetic (self pay) patient.  Good luck with your decision.

Erez Sternberg, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction

+1

It is clear you are having significant symptoms due to the size of your breasts. Breast reduction is a procedure to decrease the weight and volume of the breasts while maintaining the breast aesthetic. Woman experience significant improvement in their symptoms related to their breasts. Your surgeon will want to know there has been no significant change in the breast size over the last six months before performing your surgery.

Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon to evaluate you and inform you on the procedure. Good luck and I hope this was helpful

Robert W. Kessler, MD, FACS
Corona Del Mar Plastic Surgeon

Consider breast reduction surgery.

+1

Hello ViccNicc

It sounds like you have very large breast for your frame and they are causing you  a lot of grief and discomfort.  If your breasts have stopped growing then you should see a qualified plastic surgeon for a consultation and see what they can do for you in terms of reducing your breasts and improving your quality of life.  Breast reduction is one of the most satisfying surgeries women undergo in plastic surgery.

Regards

Stephen Salerno

Stephen Salerno, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction Candidate?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the physical and psychosocial problems your disproportionately large breasts are causing you. 
It is probable that you are dealing with juvenile breast hypertrophy along with the physical and psychosocial consequences of this diagnosis. In other words, the breasts are too large for your frame causing  both physical and psychological distress.
Based on your description you may be an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery. It is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.
I would suggest that you learn as much as possible  about  breast reduction surgery and the potential risks and complications associated with  the procedure.  Hopefully you have the support of your parents as you do your homework.
Unsatisfactory scarring is  one of the potential complications. Make sure you also understands that further surgery may be necessary in the future (for example if the breasts were to grow in size again).

Before undergoing the breast reduction procedure it will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  Most patients wish to achieve  enough of a reduction to help with their symptoms while remaining proportionate with the remainder of their torso. 
With the goal of improving communication with my patients I find the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small)  very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

The best way to obtain insurance coverage for breast reduction surgery involves some “hoops” to jump through. The more documentation you have (for example, from your primary care doctor, physical therapist, chiropractor etc.) the better when it comes to obtaining insurance “authorization” for the procedure.
This documentation and letter/pictures from your plastic surgeon will help you obtain authorization. Make sure you are  consulting with a well-trained/experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.
 When dealing with health insurance companies, be prepared to be persistent. Keep in mind, that breast reduction surgery tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations performed.