I Am 18 Years Old, 5'3 and Weigh 130-135 Pounds and I Am a Size 34 Double D Might I Qualify?

I have been suffering with daily complications due to my large breasts. Headaches constantly, I cannot stay standing without my upper back in between my shoulder blades in excruciating pain. I am not able to wear regular bras or halter swimsuit tops due to how heavy my breasts are, they cause deal red indentions from the straps and it is extremely uncomfortable. My breasts also hurt constantly even without a bra. I live in Texas and have BC/BS I was wondering is a qualify for a reduction

Every insurance plan has their own unique criteria on whether they will cover a breast reduction.  More and more, we are seeing plans where a breast reduction is not a covered benefit.  If it is a covered benefit, some insurance plans set a minimum required amount of tissue to be remove in order to met their threshold for coverage.  Some set the amount in relation to your BMI (height and weight).  Others require extensive medical records documenting neck pain, back pain, and history of rashes.   The other alternative is to opt for a breast reduction as a self-pay option.   Start by visiting with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

6400 Fannin
Houston, TX 77030

Younger patients can be good candidates for breast reduction.

From your description it sounds as though you would benefit from a breast reduction. There is a trade-off between the benefits of the operation in the aesthetic consequences namely the incisions. Whether insurance covers it or not will require some investigation.

365 East Paces Ferry Road, NE
Atlanta, GA 30305

Thank you for your question.  By most standards you do qualify for a breast reduction.  However, a couple of things need to be clarified.  First off, cup sizes are arbitrary and vary from one manufacturer to the other.  So please make certain that your symptoms are truly related to excessively large breasts.  Secondly, if your question in terms of qualifying relates to your insurance, the guidelines vary from one policy to the other.  Your plastic surgeon's office needs to contact your insurance company and see what their guidelines are.  Recently they have been requesting a documented 6-month period of "conservative" management (whatever that may be!).  Just make sure you are under the care of an experienced plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Ruben B. Abrams, MD, FACS

1125 South Beverly Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90035

Breasts reduction best solution

yes you should practice  both breasts reduction by traditional way in a couple of  weeks you will be ready to develop any kind  of excersise.

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Calle 54 No. 365 T