18 with Sagging.

I am 18 years old and i am looking for advice in what would be the best procedure for a "Breast Lift". im not looking to get implants i am happy with the size and firmness of my breast i just need a lift to enhance what i already have and im looking for an opinion of what would be the best procedure for my type of sagging.

Saggy at 18

+2

You are a terrific candidate for a vertical breast lift.  This will improve the shape of your breast, the size of your areolas and will likely not interfere with sensation or lactation.  You may end up needing reivisional surgery down the road, especially if you have children but you would benefit so much having breasts you like (or even love!) while you are young.  If you are healthy and can afford it - go for it. 

Lisa Lynn Sowder, M.D.

Standard Wise Pattern Breast Lift Is Best By Test

+1

I am a big fan of technology and I am always interested in new techniques in plastic surgery, but sometimes old school is the best.  Your photographs would indicate that you have solid, heavy, truly ptotic (droopy) breasts.  Your areolar are too large, they are too low on the mound, your breasts are hanging on the chest wall, your nipples are at different levels, and more than likely, your breasts are of different sizes.  What you are looking for is a lift that will put your nipples absolutely at the right position, have them of equal size, and at the same level, and create normal symmetrical breasts.

I recommend the STANDARD WISE PATTERN BREAST LIFT because I have tried most other techniques for breasts of your nature, and I have been disappointed.  One of my favorite sayings is, "good judgement comes from experience and, very often, experience comes from bad judgement".  I have corrected other surgeons' vertical mastopexies as well as my own, and I find this surgery of minimal value in patients with breasts like yours. 

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

!8 and needing a Lift?

+1

Thank you for providing a photo, It really helps the professional panelists devise accurate opinions when we can see the issues. I would perform either a Lollipop (Vertical) lift, and convert it to a scar under the breast only as a last resort as you were adjusted on the table. The enemy of a good surgical outcome is too much tension. Tension that can lead to wide scarring. Interview a few surgeons and get ideas, go with a surgeon who gives you an understanding of all aspects of the surgery and takes time to explain your various options. Good Luck

Reno Plastic Surgeon

Breasts Lifting for 18 Year Old?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

I think you are an excellent candidate ( from the physical standpoint)  for a vertical or anchor pattern breast lift operation. You should educate yourself about the downsides of breast lifting as well;  issues such as scarring, breast asymmetry, potential loss of sensation, potential innovator breast-feed, and potentially for further surgery should be considered ( as some of the trade-offs of mastopexy surgery). Only after adequately considering the trade-offs can you make an informed decision about whether to proceed with the surgery and/or the appropriate time to have the procedure done.

When the time is right, please make sure you are consulting with well experienced board certified plastic surgeons.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastlift.htm

Breast lift

+1

By eliminating sagging breast skin, repositioning breast tissue and elevating the nipples, a breast lift can help patients regain a more youthful look and feel better about themselves. 

Mastopexy

+1

Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. Upon consultation and examination, your surgeon will be able to recommend the treatment options which would best address your concerns. Best wishes!

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for a breast lift?

+1

You are an excellent candidate for a breast lift for what appears to be a developmental problem with the shape of your breasts.  You will need a scar around the areola (to reduce the areolar size and lift it into a better position) and a vertical scar from the areola to the fold beneath the breast, and possibly a short scar in the fold depending on your measurements and the exact technique required to properly reduce the excess skin that allows the breast to hang. 

Web reference: http://www.seattleplasticsurgery.com/breast-lift-surgery.html

Vertical mastopexy is a good choice

+1

Based on the provided photo it looks as though you would be a great candidate for a vertical breast lift. This surgery would improve the shape of your breasts and the size of your areolae. Additionally, this surgery will likely not interfere with your sensation and your ability to lactate. For best results contact a board certified surgeon.

Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Full breast lift is the best option!

+1

I believe that with your degree of ptosis (sagging), you would be served best with a full Wise-pattern (anchor) mastopexy. This type of breast lift is still the most common breast lift performed today, and it's main advantage is the ability to tailor the breast skin in more than one dimension.

Any kind of vertical lift tightens the breast skin in one dimension only, and although suturing the breast tissue to itself is thought to provide additional internal "support" to the lift, the overall shape of the breast is distorted (at first) and eventually stretches into something that looks better (But, wait, isn't the internal suturing of the breast tissue supposed to PREVENT stretching, and yet these techniques rely on stretching to eventually look "normal?") Also, the areolas frequently tend to be less circular and centered (though this can happen with any kind of breast lift), and the scars are often irregular, widened, and all-too-often cross the inframammary crease onto the chest wall (visible in swim suit). Tightening in one dimension only (vertical scar only = horizontal tightening only) by definition yields a less natural and pleasing shape than the anchor pattern, which tightens in both horizontal and vertical directions.

Certainly there are proponents of every technique that can show you photographs of good results with whatever technique is preferred by that particular surgeon. I have revised too many bad breast lifts over the years to be a big fan of vertical lifts for breasts such as yours. For an example of a vertical lift gone bad (not once, but three times!), click the link below.

Yup, I'm biased. I'm biased because I'm experienced. I'm experienced because I have done too many of these over the years and don't tolerate poor results just to try to avoid a scar that is hidden in the crease anyway! You're too young to have a "Let's see how it works out" approach!

Web reference: http://www.mpsmn.com/photogallery/breast-lift-plus-augmentation-5861/case-3-21779

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

+1

Based upon the  photo that you posted, it looks like you would be a good candidate for a vertical lift with minimal incisions.