18 Days Post Rhinoplasty and my Facial Expressions Are Frozen, and Smile is Still Pushing Down. I Look Bad, Vey Bad?

I had surgery 18 days ago and if I am not smiling, it looks okay, when I do, my nostrils flare, my bridge is so thin and it just looks terrible. It's like my face is frozen and immobile. The swelling is down a lot and I fear my face is now imprisioned. Also I have a big indent on the tip of my nose, which the doc said he'd fill. Overall, I am concerned. He graphed a lot under my nose, and now I can't smile. Can this be changed?? I've seen lots of video & no one else seems to look like this.

+1

Based upon your description alone it is very difficult to give advice, but I would follow with your surgeon. 

Facial expression after rhinoplasty

+1

I8 days is very early in the post operative period.  Things are still swollen and indurated and will require time to resolve.  Changes will take place over one year post op.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Stiff nose after #rhinoplasty

+1

It is quite common in fact normal for the nose to be swollen just 2.5 weeks after rhinoplasty surgery. The swelling will cause stiffness. This usually gets better with time

Stiff after rhinoplasty #rhinoplasty #revisionrhinoplasty

+1

It is normal for you to feel this stiffness at this point. This stiffness will gradually resolve with time. be patient. 

Andres Bustillo, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon