I Am 18 I Do Not Have Children and I Have C Boobs That Sag, What Options are Best for Me?

Thank you so much for your time first off. Secondly, I am eighteen, ninteen next month. I developed an overactive thyroid and lost about thirty pounds since I was about fifteen. I have stabalised my thyroid with birth control pills and maintain a consistant weight. after losing the weight my boobs did shrink about a half to a full cup size (i used to wear a d) now I sag to the point that when I lay on my back my sternum is the high point and my sand bags are to the sides..this is a life crisis.

Breast surgery after weight loss

+2

Hi. It sounds like you will benefit from surgery. If droopiness is your main concern and you are happy with the current size (say, you are happy with the breasts with your bra on), then you need some sort of a breast lift. The exact technique will depend on the size and degree of drooping of your breasts. If you are unhappy with the size of the breast then (again depending on the breasts) you may need implants with/without a lift.

Please post photos if you wish for a more individualised suggestion.

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift timing

+2

From your description of weight loss and sagginess, you may benefit from a breast lift.  One thing to keep in mind is that you are young, and your breasts will continue to change as you age or as your body changes.  I would recommend that you speak with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options and the timing of surgery for you.  Good luck!

Anureet K. Bajaj, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

+1

A breast lift may be an option for you.  It is hard to say without an exam.  You have to remember that if you have children or have weight fluctuations, the breast shape will change and may sag again.

Breast lift for sagging breasts

+1

Hello "Clueless."

I don't think you are clueless at all, incidentally. Your question and concerns are very valid. Obviously, you need to be examined by a board-certified plastic surgeon to counsel you adequately on your options. From your description alone, it sounds like you would benefit from a mastopexy (lift), and possibly an augmentation if you have lost substantial volume. When your breasts are put up in a bra with adequate support, do you feel like you have enough volume and projection of your breasts? If not, you would probably need an augmentation along with the lift. If you do feel there is enough volume, a lift alone may be sufficient. This should not become a life crisis for you, though. You have options and should seek a consultation for more information.

Tim A. Sayed, MD, FACS
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Droopy Breasts At 18 years old

+1

Photos would be helpful in determining the extent of your situation including the amount of droopiness. Given your description, it sounds like you would benefit from a breast lift and breast enlargement. An examination would be necessary to be able to provide you with more specific information.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Breast Surgery after Weight Loss?

+1

Although I empathize with your situation at your young age,  I hope that you are not serious when you describe it as a “life crisis”. If you are serious,  with all due respect, counseling may be in order.

For most patients,  who present with your concerns,  breasts augmentation/breast lifting may be indicated at some point.

Timing of the surgery is important and should be coordinated with other life events such as pregnancy etc.

It would be in your best interest to be examined by well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons to discuss options  as well as the potential risks/complications associated with surgery.