I'm 18 and I Want Breast Implants? (photo)

I live in western pa. And I've Always wanted breast implants. I'm a very self conscious person and I think think would make me feel more confident about myself. I'm 5 foot and I weigh almost 100 pounds. Off and on 95 and 98 lb. I want big boobs but I know it depends on your body type as well. I was thinking a c cup since I'm so tiny. What would you recommend? And my friend in cosmetology said she knows a lady that got the surgery and is making payments is that true? Where in pa should I go?

Breast Augmentation at 18 years of age

+1

You are old enough to make the decision to have breast augmentation surgery. However, you would only be able to have saline implants as the FDA requires women to be 22 years of age for silicone. Find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area and he/she will be able to help you determine what size and shape would work best for your body frame. Different offices have different payment structures, most require payment in full prior to surgery. Some offices will help you apply for financing through companies like Care Credit and some may offer their own financing, you will need to check with individual offices. Good Luck!

C cup is perfectly fine for a small woman undergoing breast augmentation.

+1

The ultimate size is up to the patient. C cup would be completely suitable in someone of your stature. Keep in mind most women wish they gone a bit bigger after breast augmentation.

I'm 18 and I Want Breast Implants?

+1

Dear DLXO,

thank you for your post.  The best thing to do is look at the surgeons on realself and find a few that have the results you are looking for given your current dimensions.   Have a detailed consultation and bring questions.  You are old enough to make your own decisions, just be responsible about it.  Find the pros and cons of silicone vs. saline, position of the implants, and don't just get one opinion. 

best wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD 

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Getting implants at 18...

+1

can certainly help you in the ways that you have envisioned but you have to be willing to accept the risks of the surgery and the potential impact on future breast feeding (if that is important to you).  Costs vary by surgeon and area and if you call around, you can find attractive fees.  Make sure the fee is all inclusive (includes operating room, anesthesia, implants and surgeon fees), the doctor has a reasonable revision policy (just in case you don't get what you want), and a great reputation (with good results that your surgeon can show you).  Financing is usually done through Care Credit or other programs like that.  Too many shirk responsibilities and promises when the doctor provides the financing.  And as for size, nothing beats external sizing.  3D is fancy and neat but the photo is not a guarantee of what you will get. 

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast Implants

+1

Breast Implants are a high satisfaction procedure. It can boost your confidence, clothes fit better and patients are generally delighted with the surgery. For sizing, I like to use 3 dimensional imaging to simulate what the implants would look like in your body. A picture is worth a thousand words.There are financing companies such as care credit to make payments on the surgery over time.

Michael Horn, MD

You are off to a good start

+1

Looking online is great way to learn about breast enhancement.  I would suggest going to the the American Society of Plastic Surgery website to find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who can educate you after an exam on your best options!  Good luck!

Evan Sorokin, MD
Cherry Hill Plastic Surgeon

18 year old female interested in a breast augmentation.

+1

The real question is if you are a good candidate for a breast augmentation.  Educate yourself about the procedure in general and schedule a consultation with an experienced plastic surgeon.  There are many programs, such as Care Credit, that you may qualify for if you wish to finance the procedure.  

Implants and 18

+1

First, you can only use saline being that you are 18, second the people you chose as"like" look bigger than a "C" cup.  Best to be seen in person.

Breast Augmentation At 18

+1

You may or may nor be a candidate for breast augmentation at 18 years of age.  Saline implants are the only option at your age.  You should consult a plastic surgeon who board-certified and a member of ASPS and ASAPS.  There should be several in western PA.  Check their web sites.

John Whitt, MD

18 and breast implants

+1

A good way to start is to look for photos of a breast like yours and see and compare what the skin envelope will do. You are quite petite as yet and the goal photos are full and perhaps out of reach, but a consult with a board certified surgeon in your area will help you.