I Am 18 and my Breasts Are Asymmetrical, Sagging, Ptosis?

I am 18, normal weight, and I have a 34D cup. My breasts are different sizes by more than half a cup, and they are both sagging. my nipples are flat and large and look almost swollen. I am reluctant to get surgery because of my age, but also because I am always unsatisfied with surgery After pictures. I like the look of natural breasts (not perfectly round) and the After photos always strike me as fake looking. I am afraid if I got surgery I would regret it.

+1

Dear Emma,

Thank you for your question.  Certainly there are more experienced surgeons and less experienced surgeons and different surgical styles and results.  Look through the breast lift photos of surgeons in your area on realself and see if there are results that you like.  In the end, you have to weight the risks and benefits of having surgery vs. not.

PAblo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

+1

It is wise to consider the pros and cons when deciding about surgery. A breast lift with some volume adjustment to make the breasts more even is what you will be thinking about. 

Rather than collecting advice from surgeons who don't know you and have not even seen photos, you would do better to arrange an in person examination in the setting of a consultation. All the best. 

I Am 18 and my Breasts Are Asymmetric, Sagging, Ptosis?

+1

If you do not want to have surgery, then do not have surgery.  If you want to explore your options, find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations and breast lifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

18 and my Breasts Are Asymmetrical, Sagging, Ptosis?

+1

You are wise in doing your “homework” prior to proceeding with breast lifting surgery. As with any type of surgery, there are downsides associated with breast lifting surgery, including the presence of scars… Important to achieve REALISTIC EXPECTATIONS prior to proceeding and time the operation in relation to your life circumstances such as your psychosocial situation, planned pregnancies etc.  Prior to proceeding it will be important to select your plastic surgeon carefully and weigh the pros/cons as well as potential risks/complications carefully as well.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Young, sagging breasts

+1
Unless you are completely convinced, don't have surgery. Asymmetry can be corrected but know that most women's breasts are, in fact, uneven. There are wide ranges in terms of implants available. Also, you might want to consider unilateral lift/reduction of the larger breast with correction of the nipple areolar complex on the other side. It is impossible to make a more specific comment without photos.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Breast Asymmetry

+1

Without photos, it is hard to answer your question.In my past, I have operated on many patients with the asymmetry you described.At age 18, your perception here will be important. If you are usually not satisfied, then wait a few years before you have any corrective surgery.Consult a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.All the best

Thomas A. Narsete, MD
Greenwood Village Plastic Surgeon