Am I Too Young for Restylane Under Eyes?

I'm 18 and Have Bad Hollows Under Eyes.

Tear Troughs, Dark Circles, and Bags Under The Eyes Respond Well To Belotero Balance and Restylane

+2

In Western society, we spend the overwhelming bulk of our time when we relate to others concentrating on their eyes, so much so in fact that when we come to an agreement after negotiations, we refer to it as "seeing eye to eye."

The consequence of this disproportionate attention to our eyes is that when the regions surrounding them look great, we look great, and when they look tired, swollen, baggy, crinkled, wrinkled and ringed by dark circles, we appear exhausted, worn out, frazzled, and older. With the passage of time, many of the changes that we see result from shrinkage shriveling, and a downward descent of a once robust, heart-shaped fat pad that sat immediately under the lower lids and extended out toward the temples, inward toward the root of the nose, and downward about half-way to the angles of the mouth. The loss of this volume and its displacment in the direction of the jaw elongates the lower lid to several times its narrow youthful width and leaves it somewhat sunken. Dark circles, due in part to the reflection of the darkish color of the underlying vessels may also be present. For some people these changes result from an inherited tendency, which may make itself evident even in childhood

Today, individuals wishing to treat these changes may treated with the injection of with fillers, such as Belotero Balance (my personal favorite for the thin skin under the eyes) and Restylane.It usually takes about five minutes to treat each lower lid, and the results are immediate, typically evoking a "Wow!" response from the patients when they look in the mirror.

While minimal bruising, tenderness, swelling and redness may occur following treatment in this delicate region, these are usually temporary and disappear spontaneously within one to seven days. Most people can return to work or social activities immediately or the following day and may use makeup if desired.

Age for treatment under eyes

+1

I have never looked at age as an absolute indication or contraindication to surgery, in and of itself, especially for those over the age of 18.  The main question is whether or not you have an anatomical deformity that can be expected to be improved with the procedure in question , you understand the procedure and its implications, and the procedure is safe and ethical to perform on you.  If those criteria are met, then I think basically you are a good candidate.

Joseph L. Grzeskiewicz, MD

Age appropriate for Restylane for tear trough

+1

First you need to determine if your hollows are genetic, from lack or rest or from pigment. Taking care of yourself well could reverse some of the appearance issues.

Dehydration will make any recessed area seem deeper, so be sure you are drinking enough water and not existing on sodas or caffeine loaded energy drinks. Good nutrition will do great things for your skin!

If you truly have deficient fat under the eye, Restylane could well be a nice solution even at your young age. 

If this is the case, please don't try to save money by grabbing a groupon or picking a physician based on the lowest price. The eye area is loaded with vessels that you don't want to injure, so a highly experienced dermatologist, ophthalmologist or plastic surgeon would be your best choices.

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane for under the eye on 18 year old

+1

While it is unlikely at 18 you would need fillers for a tear trough deformity, I suppose it is possible. Best to be seen in person for evaluation.

Restylane in young patients

+1

Restylane or Juvederm are hyaluronic acid fillers which are safe at pretty much any age. I find that the young patients I treat with fillers usually have a hereditary deep tear trough or thin lips, and both groups are very happy with these fillers. Make sure to have a highly trained and experienced injector such as a dermatologist treat you, especially for the tear troughs which are a delicate area with important anatomy. ~ Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane under eyes

+1

Restylane under the eyes is safe in your age, as long as you have a board certified physician perform your injection. I have had young patients with genetically hollow under eyes that respond beautifully to small amounts of restylane. It should be reassuring to know that there is an eraser for restylane if you don't like the results, that you will not become "immune" to restylane over time, and that the restylane will last a year or two if injected properly.

Ramona Behshad, MD
Chesterfield Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane and tear troughs

+1

Without viewing a photo of your eye area, it's very difficult to answer this question. You should consider posting photo's for better assessment - 18 isn't too young.

Sam Naficy, MD

+1

You may have Restylane injected to the tear troughs at your age.  If there is a hollowing effect, this may take one or two syringes of product for that area.  Find a plastic surgeon who performs these injections hundreds of times each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Restylane for 18 Year Old

+1

Hi Shaista.  We have treated patients with Restylane under the eyes that were 18 years old.  In these cases, the issue is with the genetic structure of the face rather than any aging concerns.  Even in young patients, some can look very tired or have dark under the eyes.  They can also have deep set eyes.

Restylane is our preferred product for the procedure and we usually use between 1-2 cc's.  Hope this helps.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Not too young for Restylane

+1

Restylane is FDA approved for anyone over the age of 18. In my office we use restylane or perlane (both hyaluronic acid fillers) under the eyes and get great results. Restylane and perlane are both very natural looking, just takes moments to administer with very little bruising or swelling, and should last 12-18  months. I would recommend setting up a consultation with a board certified dermatologist to discuss the procedure in more detail. Good luck!

Lee P. Laris, DO
Phoenix Dermatologist