Am I Too Young for Restylane Under Eyes?

I'm 18 and Have Bad Hollows Under Eyes.

Tear Troughs, Dark Circles, and Bags Under The Eyes Respond Well To Belotero Balance and Restylane

In Western society, we spend the overwhelming bulk of our time when we relate to others concentrating on their eyes, so much so in fact that when we come to an agreement after negotiations, we refer to it as "seeing eye to eye."

The consequence of this disproportionate attention to our eyes is that when the regions surrounding them look great, we look great, and when they look tired, swollen, baggy, crinkled, wrinkled and ringed by dark circles, we appear exhausted, worn out, frazzled, and older. With the passage of time, many of the changes that we see result from shrinkage shriveling, and a downward descent of a once robust, heart-shaped fat pad that sat immediately under the lower lids and extended out toward the temples, inward toward the root of the nose, and downward about half-way to the angles of the mouth. The loss of this volume and its displacment in the direction of the jaw elongates the lower lid to several times its narrow youthful width and leaves it somewhat sunken. Dark circles, due in part to the reflection of the darkish color of the underlying vessels may also be present. For some people these changes result from an inherited tendency, which may make itself evident even in childhood

Today, individuals wishing to treat these changes may treated with the injection of with fillers, such as Belotero Balance (my personal favorite for the thin skin under the eyes) and Restylane.It usually takes about five minutes to treat each lower lid, and the results are immediate, typically evoking a "Wow!" response from the patients when they look in the mirror.

While minimal bruising, tenderness, swelling and redness may occur following treatment in this delicate region, these are usually temporary and disappear spontaneously within one to seven days. Most people can return to work or social activities immediately or the following day and may use makeup if desired.

500 E 85th St
New York, NY 10028

Age for treatment under eyes

I have never looked at age as an absolute indication or contraindication to surgery, in and of itself, especially for those over the age of 18.  The main question is whether or not you have an anatomical deformity that can be expected to be improved with the procedure in question , you understand the procedure and its implications, and the procedure is safe and ethical to perform on you.  If those criteria are met, then I think basically you are a good candidate.

Joseph L. Grzeskiewicz, MD

9333 Genesee Ave
San Diego, CA 92121

Age appropriate for Restylane for tear trough

First you need to determine if your hollows are genetic, from lack or rest or from pigment. Taking care of yourself well could reverse some of the appearance issues.

Dehydration will make any recessed area seem deeper, so be sure you are drinking enough water and not existing on sodas or caffeine loaded energy drinks. Good nutrition will do great things for your skin!

If you truly have deficient fat under the eye, Restylane could well be a nice solution even at your young age. 

If this is the case, please don't try to save money by grabbing a groupon or picking a physician based on the lowest price. The eye area is loaded with vessels that you don't want to injure, so a highly experienced dermatologist, ophthalmologist or plastic surgeon would be your best choices.

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

16100 Sand Canyon Ave
Irvine, CA 92618

Restylane under eyes

Restylane under the eyes is safe in your age, as long as you have a board certified physician perform your injection. I have had young patients with genetically hollow under eyes that respond beautifully to small amounts of restylane. It should be reassuring to know that there is an eraser for restylane if you don't like the results, that you will not become "immune" to restylane over time, and that the restylane will last a year or two if injected properly.

Ramona Behshad, MD
Saint Louis Dermatologic Surgeon

1001 Chesterfield Pkwy E
St. Louis, MO 63017

Restylane and tear troughs

Without viewing a photo of your eye area, it's very difficult to answer this question. You should consider posting photo's for better assessment - 18 isn't too young.

Sam Naficy, MD

1110 112th Ave NE
Bellevue, WA 98004

You may have Restylane injected to the tear troughs at your age.  If there is a hollowing effect, this may take one or two syringes of product for that area.  Find a plastic surgeon who performs these injections hundreds of times each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Restylane for 18 Year Old

Hi Shaista.  We have treated patients with Restylane under the eyes that were 18 years old.  In these cases, the issue is with the genetic structure of the face rather than any aging concerns.  Even in young patients, some can look very tired or have dark under the eyes.  They can also have deep set eyes.

Restylane is our preferred product for the procedure and we usually use between 1-2 cc's.  Hope this helps.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

23211 Hawthorne Blvd.
Torrance, CA 90505

Not too young for Restylane

Restylane is FDA approved for anyone over the age of 18. In my office we use restylane or perlane (both hyaluronic acid fillers) under the eyes and get great results. Restylane and perlane are both very natural looking, just takes moments to administer with very little bruising or swelling, and should last 12-18  months. I would recommend setting up a consultation with a board certified dermatologist to discuss the procedure in more detail. Good luck!

Lee P. Laris, DO
Phoenix Dermatologist

5056 N Central Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85012

Too young for Restylane under eyes

Restylane is approved for use on people 18 and older, but with that being said, age doesn't make a proper candidate. See a board-certified doctor (or several) for an evaluation of your needs and concerns.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

8937 W Sahara Ave
Las Vegas, NV 89117

Age is not really an issue.

These treatments are considered off label.  To determine if an off-label service is appropriate for you, you need a personal consultation with an injecting physician.  You did not provide photographs but generally under eye fillers have proven to be a very powerful nonsurgical method for helping the lower eyelid hollows.  It is critical that you find a highly experienced injector for performing this treatment.  I recommend finding someone close to home as these treatments often benefit from some adjustments which are very straight forward if you live close to your injector.

9001 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90211