Will a 175/200 Cc Silicone High Profile Implant Look Good on Me? (photo)

I am 5'7, 115 pounds, not much breast tissue since I am 32B but measure 31. 23 years old. I just want to be a 32C which is like a 34B, not more than that! I have always been slender and want to keep it that way. I am very confused as to decide if HP is better than moderate profile. My doctor suggested HP since my rib cage is small...

How will a small implant look on me?

+1
 This is a good question and the most important decision you will make prior to your breast surgery.  You have a great figure and a long torso so implant size is even more important to make you look proportionate. I would bring photos of breasts that you find attractive and discuss this with your plastic surgeon. You want a surgeon who understands what you are really trying to achieve and then you have to trust them to make the final decision in the operating room.  Without examining you in person, I would suggest a moderate profile silicone implant in the 215-250cc range.  Good luck.

Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

BREAST AUGMENT

+1

I agree with the other docs, this is conervative which is great but I would suggest getting some photos online of breasts you like to show your surgeon

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Appropriate size of implants

+1

From your pictures, the size you have chosen will work but seems a little conservative. When you consult with your PS, ask to try on sizers. This will help you select the right size implant. I would go with silicone as you are very thin. Don't worry about the profile, this is something you should discuss with the PS. Either way I think you will be happy with your look.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

175-200cc implant for 5'7, 115?

+1

At first glance and without an exam I would say you are conservative but the final result is really created in the operating room. Rather than focusing on the type of implant profile or the number of cc's or bra cup size (with is inaccurate and manufacturer dependent), I would recommend you communicate very clearly your expectations and desires. Your plastic surgeon will decide with you on the profile of the implant based on the breast width, your body shape, skin elasticity and thickness and native breast tissue present. Based on the limited information you have given your results are achievable. In my practice I usually explain the implant types, profile and rationale for using different implants/ profiles. I also use the a special sizing system pre-op and have patients try them inside a bra so they can get a sense of their look. I never tell them what size I have picked until they show me the "look" they REALLY desire by trying on the sizing system in our office. Then we sit down and evaluate "the look" they have chosen and see if it matches what I have chosen by measurements and physical exam.  It does make it both fun and is a healthier partnership between patients and the PS.  Speak with your plastic surgeon. Good luck on your surgery!

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Picking the right implant base diameter

+1

Your plastic surgeon will do his best to get you the result that you desire.  Picking implant sizes can be a daunting challenge for the patient but an experienced plastic surgeon should be your most valuable tool.  For every choice there is a pro and con. This is an operation that you want to do once, do right and not have to do it over again.  All of the implants that you have selected are in the objective range for your body shape.  It becomes a matter of preference at this point as to the size.  50 cc difference will not make an incredible difference one way or the other.

Will 200cc high profile implants look good on me?

+1

Thanks very much for your question.  I would recommend thinking about size of your breast augmentation in terms of your breast width.  In other words, you surgeon may be correct and based on the width of your breast a high profile implant might be the best fit.  But it might not if the implant width and your chest width don't match up.  It's like shopping for shoes.  Your foot can only fit into certain sizes of shoes.  If they are too big or too small your foot won't fit in the shoe as well as if the person selling you the shoes brings you the right sizes to choose from.  Hope this helps

Shaun Parson, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Implants

+1

My advice to you is to avoid the high profile implants if you are looking for a more natural softer look.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation Candidate

+1

First you should make a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. The Doctor will take measurements of your chest and your breasts to help you decide a good size for what you are looking for. Both implants give improvement in size but high profile implants have a smaller diameter, whereas the moderate profile implants are wider in diameter. Taking a look at your picture you might be a good candidate for high profile implants due to your petite frame and not wanting to go very big in size. Good Luck with your choice!

David Rankin, MD
Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

Mplant size with petite body torso

+1

Listen closely.  You want to look natural.  Measure your diameter of your breast.  Regardless of profile you will be best served if you pick an implant that corresponds most closely to your diameter.  Higher profile will add more volume for the same diameter, which is a secondary issue.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

drraine.com

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Breast implant profile based on size and breast width

+1

Dear Lauren,

Thank you for your questions and posting picture. Based on your description, you have a narrow chestwall and don't need an overly wide breast implants. However, it seems that you are going with a smaller implants overall which will have a narrower base width. For this reason I will not recommend the high-profile implant.  Additionally, you should consider the TUBA procedure which is ideal for patients undergoing small volume augmentation obviating the need for any visible scars.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS