I Am 17 Yrs Old and I Am Self Conscious About my Facial Apperance Could I Get a Cheek Implant?

Try a Filler before Cheek Implants...

+2

I would highly suggest getting an injectable filler like Radiesse or a volumizer like Sculptra first before jumping into cheek implants.  These types of treatments will give you a feeling of what you can expect and then later down the road you can opt for a more permanent solution like implants. 

Hope this helps.   Good luck.

Dr. Grant Stevens    Marina Plastic Surgery Associates     Marina del Rey, CA     The Institute

Try sculptra first

+1

I would of course suggest discussing this with your family and seeing what their thoughts about this are. Maybe even a good friend. Sometimes we don't see ourselves as others see us. None the less, you have to be happy with yourself. Sculptra might be an alternative as it provides reasonable volume and will is not permanent.

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Cheek Implants

+1

Because you are a minor, I would suggest that you discuss your concerns with your parents. The facial charismatics that bother you as a teenager may not be such a big deal in a few years. When the time comes, consults with a facial plastic  surgeon or plastic surgeon. Best wishes!

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Consider starting more conservatively than an implant

+1

Without looking at your photographs it is difficult to say whether cheek implants should be considered.  One option which would give you an idea how augmenting the cheeks would look is to start by using an injectable filler.  More permanent solutions such as cheek implants could be considered later if you like the effect.

Mark Beaty, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cheek Implant in a 17 Year Old

+1

A temporary filler such as Radiesse or Sculptra would be your best option at this time. They are easy to inject and the end point is when you feel you have the right amount of volume in your cheeks. It can be "touched up" as necessary over the years.  A permanent implant can be considered later when you are older .

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Cheek Implants and Injectable Fillers for volume

+1

At such a young age, I wouldn't recommend cheek implants at this point. Also depending on your age and place of residence, you would also need parental/ guardian consent for surgery. A good starting point when you are ready would be to try an injectable filler to give you volume in your cheek area to see if you like the results. There are many excellent products available, some that last 6 months and others that last for a few years. Take your time and research before making any decisions.

Cory Torgerson, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon