Is 17 Too Young to Get Rhinoplasty Done?

Rhinoplasty at age 17

+2

In most cases a woman's nose and nasal bones have fully developed by age 17, in some men nasal bone development may take somewhat longer.  Nasal development and a patient's emotional maturity must be taken into account before proceeding with a rhinoplasty.  At age 17, being a minor, one would also need the approval of a parent or guardian.  Best wishes.

San Jose Plastic Surgeon

+2

17 is a reasonable age to undergo rhinoplasty as long as you have reasonable expectations about the results and have the full support and consent of your parents. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Weber Facial Plastic Surgery

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Age 17 for a rhinoplasty

+2

In most cases 17 is acceptable to have a rhinoplasty.  Important to make sure your growth plates are closed before undergoing a rhinoplasty.  

Ae for rhinoplasty

+2

It depends on the situation. I ave done rhinoplasty in patients as young as 15 years. You do, however, require parietal consent if you are under 18 years old.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

+2

For a male, this may be too young.  For a female, it is probably OK.  This depends upon whether or not growth is complete.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty at age 17

+2

Thank you for your question.  I think 17 is an acceptable age to have rhinoplasty in women.  Consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who performs a lot of Rhinoplasty surgeries for an in office evaluation.  Good luck to you!

Milind K. Ambe, MD

Age for rhinoplasty

+2

In general the patient needs to be finished growing and mature mentally enough for surgery to have a rhinoplasty.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Rhinoplasty at what age.

+2

Rhinoplasty can be done on girls at 14 but males need to wait until at lease 18 years of age.

17 and rhinoplasty

+2

For most women they can undergo rhinoplasty at 15 or 16 if they have reached adult size. For guys I would say 17 or 18 is the youngest.

+2

Because of the age when nasal growth stops, 17 is usually OK for females, but not for males who develop later.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD