Teenage Vietnamese Rhinoplasty

Hi I'm a 17 years old Vietnamese girl and I hate my nose ever since I was small. I wear my glasses full time to cover up my nose. I do not have a bridge and the tip of my nose is a little wide. Furthermore, I have a square-shaped face. When I take off my glasses my face looks really wide due to the flat nose that I have. I'm wondering if I undergo a rhinoplasty, how much of a difference would it change my face and make it look more proportional? Am I too young for this procedure?

Rhinoplasty Age

+2

Rhinoplasty can usually be performed safely in a 17 year old female.  We usually wait until a female is 15-16 years old before perfroming rhinoplasty. At this age the nose had usually reached its adult size and will not grow further.

The type of rhinoplasty that you are speaking of is called an Augmentation rhinoplasty and/or ethnic rhinoplasty. This is commonly performed by manyt rhinoplasty surgeons. You should find a surgeon that is experienced in this type of procedure in order to get the best possible results.

Boca Raton Facial Plastic Surgeon

Candidate

+1

Rhinoplasty can generally be performed safely on a 17 year old. However, physical maturity of the nose should have been reached. Parental consent/support would be important. Emotional/mental stability is needed. A physical examination and thorough consultation should reveal if you are a candidate.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Asian Rhinoplasty

+1

The most important thing is finding a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who shares your aesthetic goals.  If done well, Asian Rhinoplasty can significantly enhance your appearance and should look natural and balanced with the rest of your face.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Rhinoplasty and Teenagers

+1

Rhinoplasty can be successfully performed at the age of 17. You should  first discuss your concerns with your parents. Together you can research Board Certified Facial Plastic or Plastic Surgeons in your area. Upon consultation and examination, you surgeon will be able to discuss treatment options and expected results.

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

17 and rhinoplasty

+1

If you are of adult height and stopped grwoing you may be of age ot have a rhinoplasty but you would need your parent's consent.