I'm 17 Years Old, 110 Lbs and Have a 32 F or G Cup Size.

I do not wish to post any pictures, however I was wondering if a 2000cc removal would be too drastic? I have heard that I would end up being roughly a "large D" cup. I was actually wanting to go towards the B range- is this even possible? I was wondering if insurance would cover something such as this. I do have issues with stature- when I sit I become exhausted trying to keep my spine from curving and my scapula are slightly inverted.

Breast reduction can make your breasts a lot smaller.

+2

Hi.

Taking 1000 grams from each breast is not unusual.But aiming for a B cup may be too small.  It's possible.  You should get insurance coverage since you are so big.  And I recommend waiting until you are sure yours breasts are not growing any more.

Breast Reduction Candidate?

+1

It sounds like  you are dealing with juvenile breast hypertrophy along with the physical and psychosocial consequences of this diagnosis. In other words, the breasts are too large for the frame causing  both physical and psychological distress.

As  you think  about  breast reduction surgery make sure you do your homework and understand the potential risks and complications associated with  the procedure.  Make sure you also understands that further surgery may be necessary in the future (for example if the breasts were to grow in size again).

On the other hand, breast reduction surgery is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform and I think that for the right teenager (enough symptoms) it may be an excellent option (regardless of the age).

Sometimes breast  reduction surgery is covered through health insurance. The best way to obtain insurance coverage for breast reduction surgery involves some “hoops” to jump through. The more documentation you have (for example, from your primary care doctor, physical therapist, chiropractor etc.) the better when it comes to obtaining insurance “authorization” for the procedure.
This documentation and letter/pictures from your plastic surgeon will help you obtain authorization.

Make sure you're  working with a well-trained/experienced board-certified plastic surgeon.

Breast Reduction - Is It Okay to Have 2000 Grams Removed From Each Side?

+1

Hi Razzi in MO,

Although I have enormous sympathy that you want that much tissue removed, it's probably not a good idea.  First of all, you need to leave enough tissue behind to provide an adequate blood supply to the nipple and areola.  Removing too much tissue increases the risk that the blood supply will be compromised (there are many factors that go into that, but that is one of them).

Secondly, it's hard to provide an aesthetically desirable shape when you go that small.  Even assuming it would be proportionate for your body (it most likely would not fro someone your size), the shape of the breast may wind up being too flat or, at any rate, not the conical shape of a normal breast.

So for a number of reasons, that's probably too much of a reduction.  It sounds like you could have 1000 grams (2.2 pounds) removed from each side, and possibly a little more - but 2000 may be too much.  Of course, the final determination needs to be made by your own surgeon and, in general, someone who can examine you in person.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Breast reduction limitations

+1

It is usually not helpful to focus on a spectific weight to be removed. The techniques of breast reduction come with built in limitations. Your body indicates to the plalstic surgeon where you nipple should be located on the new breast. The rest of the procedure then really consists of  building the breast around that new nipple position. Because the new breast is formed to the requirements of your body, it is usually appropriate for you.You can ask your surgeon to remove as much as he can within the limits of the procedure he is using, however.

Hugh McLean, MD
Mississauga Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction: how much smaller

+1

There are many factors that determine how small you can be after breast reduction surgery. You should have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who will evaluate you and discuss with you the different procedures and the expected results. There is a limit to how much tissue can be removed and still leave a nicely shaped, proportionately sized breast for you. No matter how much smaller patients are after breast reduction they tend to be among the happiest with their surgery; It can make a huge difference in their lives.  I would expect that insurance should cover the surgery since you are having medical problems due to your breast size. However, policies do vary so it would be important to check with your insurance company and get authorization (in writing) before the surgery. Your surgeon should help with this.

You should be aware that you will not be able to breast feed after breast reduction so if that is important to you, you should wait for the surgery until after you have your family. You should also be sure you are through developing, but it has been my experience that most teenagers with very large breasts develop early. In my practice, if a patient has been at the same size for a couple of years, I will go ahead with the surgery even if she is less than 18. But depending on the laws in your state, you may need a parent to sign the consent for your surgery. Good luck to you.

Margaret Skiles, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction at 17.

+1

Breast reduction is an option for you if your breasts have achieved full growth.  Many plastic surgeons wait until you are 18 to assess this.  A "B" cup might not be feasible because a certain amount of tissue needs to be left in place to maintain circulation of the nipple and local tissue.  You should ask if your surgeon does short scar breast  reduction.  You might be a candidate for a 'vertical reduction' which minimizes the big incision under your breast. You should ask for details about the procedure.

Elizabeth S. Harris, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon