17 Year Old Male, Receding Chin, No Jaw Line?

I am a 17 year old male and will be 18 in 3 months. I would like to have a chin implant and lateral jaw Implants to fix my profile. My father believes there is nothing wrong with my facial profile and adds that I will still grow, which I dont believe, my mother agrees and feels that if it affects my confidence then I should go for it. I would also like to know what it might cost? The problem has nothing to do with my bite, I have braces now. Please add if I should have surgery elsewhere. Thanks

Chin implant at 18

+2

Thank you for asking about a chin implant.

1. You should see a Board Certified Plastic or ENT surgeon to evaluate your facial proportions and advise you if a chin implant is the right approach.
  2. If so, a single extended chin implant might be all you need. 
  3. Many young men have gained confidence with these chin implants.
  4. Your father is right that male facial bones continue to grow up to age 25 but the proportions tend to stay the same. Hope this helps. Best wishes.

+1

I have done many facial augmentations over the past 25 years and I would say yes to the Chin Augmentation with a Chin Implant but No, to the jaw implants.

Chin Implant

+1

I think that it would be most helpful if you consult with a board certified specialist (like a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon) who can evaluate you and show you on computer imaging what you may look like with a chin implant.  Having this consultation will help you visualize who you may look like.  The other issue is what you've mentioned, which is the alignment of your teeth and this should be addressed, if there are any issues, as well. 

Kimberly Lee, MD

Chin surgery

+1

It is true that some male patients will have jaw growth into their early twenties.  See a board certified Plastic Surgeon for evaluation.  Also discuss with your orthodontist whether your bite if deficient enough to warrant mandibular advancement.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

+1

Dear Von Gore,

thank you for your question.  It is difficult to give you specific advise on surgery without seeing photos.  In general, you have reached facial maturity and you will not change much as far as bony contours.  As far as cost, this varies from surgeon to surgeon and city to city.  Make sure you see a board certified plastic surgeon who does many of these cases and shows you before and after photos.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant for receding chin

+1
 Chin implants come in a variety of sizes shapes, but they all try to accomplish the same goal which is to give an appropriate sized natural looking augmentation to the chin area. The implants are placed through a submental approach usually under local anesthesia. Please see link below for examples of what an implant can accomplish  and for pictures of what the implants themselves look like.