17 Weeks Post Closed Septorhinoplasty and Hit On Nose?

My dog knocked my nose, it was reasonably sore but no bleeding about an hour ago and it does not hurt anymore. I had a hump removal and I'm terrified I have ruined my nose. It is slightly red and looks largely the same but mum seems to think there is slight swelling. Is the nose solid at this stage? I have been icing my nose, is that what I should do? Thanks !!

Nasal Nudge At 17 Weeks After Rhinoplasty

+1

Based on your description and without a physical examination, it is hard to assess the extent of damage, if there is any, caused by the accidental nasal trauma you have had.

Nonetheless, at 17 weeks post-op your nose should be almost 40% recovered. If your procedure included an osteotomy and the nudge was strong enough then some damage may have occurred.

Meanwhile, applying ice will not help you as it is past the 48 hours post trauma. So your best bet is to contact your surgeon for a possible examination as he/she knows the full details of your surgery.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian