I Am 17 Can I Have Veneers for my Front Teeth?

Porcelain Veneers at 17?

+1

It would be nice to see a picture of your teeth, but yes you can have veneers at 17.  If you do I would make sure that you have minimal preparation veneers if you are a candidate.  I have done veneers on many people your age with fantastic results.  Good luck.

Houston Cosmetic Dentist

You Can Be a Candidate for Veneers at 17 for Front Teeth

+1

HOWEVER, I would strongly urge you to look into all of your options before you do Porcelain Veneers.  If your teeth are horribly discolored, porcelain veneers may be your only option but look into bonding as well.  Remember, once you have veneers, there is no going back.  Get more than one consultation. 

Wendy S. Spektor, DDS
Bellevue Cosmetic Dentist

Veneers at 17?

+1

Various types of veneers exist and depending on age and the problems needing corrections, some of these types may apply to a 17 year old.  The biggest concern I would have is:  not to have to reduce good tooth structure on one so young if a more concervative procedure exists, so I would encourage exploring all options thoroughly and see if a option exists which does not damage teeth first  (ie. orthodontics and or whitening, etc).  We live in a wonderful world and there are multiple of options most of the time.  Visit a dentist that will give you all options.  Good luck! 

Scott LeSueur, DDS
Mesa Cosmetic Dentist

Too Young for veneer?

+1
The answer is yes. You can get veneers, but be responsible for them .Maintenance is necessary. Good luck.

Soheyla Marzvaan, DDS
Orange County Cosmetic Dentist

No minimum age for Veneers.

+1

Yes, there is no reason why a 17 year old could not have veneers.  Of course you would need parental consent. 

Steve Alper, DMD
New York Cosmetic Dentist

There is no age requirement for porcelain veneers

+1

The one issue to understand is that once a restoration is placed on a tooth, it now requires a lifetime of maintenance.  This is true for all restorations (fillings, crowns, sealants, etc).

If the teeth are straight, then minimal/no-prep veneers will work.  If not, ortho would be best, as significant reduction of tooth structure at a young age can lead to much more involved dental work.

So, the answer is yes, but it may not be as simple as it seems.

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Teenagers and Veneers

+1

If they can be done with little or no tooth reduction I would be comfortable proceeding.  If there is an orthodontic solution or if significant tooth reduction is required for veneers, I would go with orthodontics first.  Also you need to be realistic about future replacement costs and at least mentally plan for that down the road.

Donald L. Wilcox, DDS
Phoenix Cosmetic Dentist

Veneers for Teens: How Young?

+1

With recent advances in in no-prep veneers technology, I am now comfortable placing veneers on teenagers.  No-prep veneers require no reduction of your natural teeth, and they deliver gorgeous results.  There are not too many dentists who understand how to use/place no-prep veneers -- so make sure you find someone who has lots of experience with this procedure.

Susan Goode Estep, DMD
Atlanta Cosmetic Dentist

Veneers at the age of 17

+1

Of course you can have veneers on your front teeth but you are very young to start this form of cosmetic procedure.  If you want veneers, then I  suggest you go the minimal prep route so their is no reduction done to your the structure of your teeth. There are Vivaneers and Lumineers which are one in the same but made by different companies.  They are both good non prep veneers.  You do not mention why you want veneers.  If your shape of your teeth are fine but you are trying to close gaps or want them whiter, then I would suggest teen invisalign and bleaching afterward. Your choice is dependent on why you want the veneers in the first place. Think it over and discuss your options with one or two comsetic dentists before you start anything at your age. The best paitent is the best informedf one!  Good luck!

George Koutsoukos, DDS
Valencia Cosmetic Dentist

Veneers for front teeth at 17 yrs old

+1

Theoretically veneers can be placed at any age. But the later you really place prep veneers is better. It will save more tooth structure and long-term you will benefit more. Prep veneers have better results than non-prep veneers. You should consult with the restorative doctor that you trust, ask for the cases, see what other patients say. But for my child at 15 I would prefer to postpone this restorative work. Veneers will be changed through your life time at least every 7-10 years. Think about that...

Olga Kharevich, DMD, PhD (in memoriam)
Miami Cosmetic Dentist