I Am 17 and Have Sagging Breasts Due to Pregnancy. Should I Get a Lift or Implants?

Before I got pregnant I was a 34B cup. While pregnant they got up to a DD. Now they are really saggy an stretched and at a 34A. I was wanting an opinion on if I should get implants or a lift? They look as if I just lift them they well just be nipples. An I want breasts .

Breast Augmentation/Lifting Candidate?

+1

Based on the description of your examination and your goals,  you may benefit from breast augmentation and breast lifting.  The  realistic to have this done would be the age of 18.

It will be in your best interests to meet with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons direct examination and a full discussion of  your goals.  Hopefully you will be able to wait until completing pregnancies before having the breast surgery performed. This course of action will minimize chances that you will need additional surgery in the future.

Should I get implants or just a lift?

+1

Without photos it is difficult to tell, but if you want your breasts larger or fuller, then you will get implants.  If your breast tissue is deflated but not overhanging the fold beneath the breast, and the nipple is not below the level of this fold, then implants alone will fill out your breasts.  If you are hanging over significantly or have a low nipple, you will probably need a lift.  Avoiding a lift if you need one will only give you an unattractive shape that you will be unhappy with.  Depending on your plans regarding further pregnancies and nursing, you may want to postpone surgery until after your childbearing.  There is nothing that will stop you from having surgery before this, but you may need a revision if your breast stretches or deflates further.

Robert M. Grenley, MD

Breast lift vs breast augmentation after breast feeding

+1

If the breasts have simply lost volume but the nipples are in relatively good position one could consider a breast augmentation alone.   If the breast are truely sagging and the nipples are at or below the inframammary fold, the fold under the breast, one would have to also consider some type of breast lift (doughnut, vertical, or anchor).  If you are planning further children, I would wait to have the lift until you've completed your family.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Lift or augmentation?

+1

Since you are only 17 and I assume plan to have more children, you may want to wait to have any definitive procedure on your breasts until you are done childbearing.  If you go on to have more children, the breast may sag again.  Some pateints opt for both or an implant.

Breast Augmentation or Breast Lift

+1

I would suggest that you do not have the lift, but only have the augmentation. By your description it sounds like you have loose skin that would be filled in nicely by a breast Implant.  You could have a very natural looking breast without the scars associated with a breast lift. 

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants at 17

+1

There is an age limitation on breast implant surgery. I would suggest that, once you turn18, you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. Upon consultation and examination, your surgeon will be able to recommend the appropriate treatment option in addressing your concern.

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants

+1

You have to be 18 years old to qualify for saline breast implants and 22 years old to qualify for silicone implants. I recommend that when you reach the appropriate age for cosmetic breast surgery that you locate a board certified plastic surgeon in your area for a consultation.

Michael A. Fiorillo, MD