Im 17 days post Tummy Tuck with Liposuction, I have 2 little pouches across from my belly button? Is this normal? (photos)

I got a full TT and lipo to the flanks. My ps said he had to do ALOT of lipo on my flanks. I know im still swollen and bruised and it take times to heal but im worried about like these two little pouches side by across from my belly button. I look at other women tt after there surgeries and there completely flat and im wonder how come mine isn't that way?

Pouches on either side of belly button following tummy tuck.

+1
I agreed is very early to be concerned.  We should wait at least 3 months for swelling to resolve before being concerned.  Next

I would however suggest that you  have an examination by your plastic surgeon to make sure that you do not have a seroma, a collection of fluid under the flap.

There is also the possibility that there is residual fat beneath the skin that is causing this fullness on either side of your belly button.  Only time will tell.

Im 17 days post Tummy Tuck with Liposuction, I have 2 little pouches across from my belly button? Is this normal?

+1
A few before posted photos are always helpful in comparison. You are ONLY 3 weeks post op!!! Allow 3 months of healing than compare... 

?? Seroma

+1
My one concern on these photos is the possibility of a fluid collection (seroma) which could account for the appearance I see. An examination by your surgeon can exclude that possibility. If present, however, it needs to be addressed. 

Much may be swelling, and expect it to be several months before resolution. All the best. 

"Pouches" after tummy tuck with lipo

+1
Your photos show a great deal of ecchymoses and bruising so, undoubtedly, you have a great deal of swelling going on in the flank areas.   This is evident in the central abdomen as well. Have patience.  Also, most photos posted are weeks, if not months, after surgery so you shouldn't assume that they didn't go through the post-op course the same way as you.

Robert L. Kraft, MD