I Am Now 17 Days Post Op and Areola's Healing at Different Rates. Normal? (photo)

I am worried at 17 days post op one looks almost healed and one even bled a little when I removed tape today. I took tape off on day 13 had bleeding put polysporin and re taped with paper tape. I dont know if they are healing normal. should I be putting the polysporin on before taping it? Should I continue to tape them? I have read ppl leaving the tape on for months. I also heard not to put ointment on somewhere. I would just love to know what would help them heal best and without bad scars

Healing rate around areolar incisions

+1

At just 17 post breast augmentation surgery it is still quite early in the healing process.  Incisions around the areolas can heal at different rates.  Without examining the incisions directly, it is difficult to determine what treatment would be best in your case.  Check with your surgeon and follow their recommendations.  Best Wishes.  

San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Healing rate of areolas

+1

Incisions on the two sides may heal at slightly different rates.  it is difficult to predict. As for post-surgical care, you should really discuss this with your surgeon.

Areolar healing

+1
Surgical wounds can often heal at different rates. Follow your plastic surgeon's instructions for postop care. I do not see a need fir tape which would irritate the skin and delay healing.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Periareolar healing after breast augmentation

+1

The periareolar incision line is a very good one that we like and your incisions should heal well. You have more bruising under the 'slower' side but this should settle down. We like soap and water cleaning and a dry cover, no ointment, no tape to avoid any skin irritation.

I Am Now 17 Days Post Op and Areola's Healing at Different Rates. Normal?

+1

The posted photos are excellent. Agree with Dr Pousti's post. Follow up with your chosen surgeon. 

Areola Incision Lines Healing after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

It is not  unusual for the areola incisions to look/feel differently at this stage in your recovery. I would suggest that you follow your plastic surgeon's recommendations,  as opposed to those of online consultants, given that he/she is responsible for the care. I think you can rest assured however,  that both areola  incision lines will eventually heal and look quite nice. 

Difference in healing of areola incisions.

+1

The healing does look normal at 17 days. The very slight separation and bleeding from tape removal does not appear to be an issue. Both scars should fade in time and there is often a slight difference in appearance during the process. Good luck and definitely mention your concerns to your surgeon so he/she is aware and can suggest other treatments if needed.

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Bleeding At Edge of Areolar 2-1/2 Weeks Post Op - Is It Normal?

+1

Congratulations on choosing an excellent plastic surgeon.  The results you show in your photographs are impressive and kudos to your surgeon.  I noticed on the side that you said is bleeding, there appears to be a micro collection of blood (a little hematoma).  These occur very often in a breast lift or breast reduction at the edge of the areolar and are due to small collections of old blood that leak out over time.  This is not true bleeding but just a little leakage of old blood and fluid from small pockets around your suture line.  This occurs at one time or another to all surgeons and it should not affect the ultimate result, and it is completely normal. 

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon