17 Days Po and My TT Insicion is Red And Irritated. What Can I Do? My PS Said Air Out. (photo)

Incision irritation after Tummy Tuck

+1

Thank you for sharing your photos.  Currently, your incision does not look infected, but I could give a more accurate assessment by an exam.  I would setup a quick visit with your plastic surgeon to ensure nothing abnormal is happening.

I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.

Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Irritated Tummy Tuck Incision

+1

Thank you for your picture. Your incision looks okay. If you think your incision looks different than it did previously then I would recommend that you return to see your PS. 

Dr. ES

Redness is normal

+1

At this point in the game, redness is expected and normal. Foul smelling drainage or fevers would be cause for concern. Work with your surgeon as they are most familiar with you!

Good luck

17 Days Po and My TT Incision is Red And Irritated. What Can I Do?

+1

From what I see in the photo, all looks quite normal. Your surgeon's suggestion seems appropriate. 

Best wishes

17 Days Po and My TT Insicion is Red And Irritated. What Can I Do? My PS Said Air Out.

+1

It is very likely, given that your plastic surgeon knows your situation best, that your best resource will be your best resource for good advise. It is not uncommon for incision lines to appear red/irritated after certain  irritants such as adhesives, dressing/garment irritation, moisture… However, if  findings such as redness/drainage increase make sure that you let him know about the changes.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_tummyTuck.htm

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.