I'm 17 and I was wondering if i can I be a candidate for a tummy tuck?

I gave birth to my son a year and a half ago(c section) and have been trying my hardest to gain muscle again I have lost a lot of weight but I cant get rid off the excess skin? if so can you recommend any one? thank you

+1

If you have finished having kids, a tummy tuck could be performed at the age of 18, or earlier with parental consent.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tuck procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Tummy tuck candidate

+1

I do not perform tummy tucks on individuals younger than 18 years old since this is the minimum age at which you can sign an informed consent yourself.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

You need to be 18 to have a tummy tuck without parental consent

+1

Thank you for your question. Congratulations on staying fit. In my state you would need parental consent to have elective tummy tuck.

I suggest continuing to work out and stay fit. In time your skin may tighten more. Once you reach 18 be sure to consult plastic surgeons who are certified by the American Board of plastic Surgery.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS