I'm 17 and Have Uneven Eyelids?

Hi, my name is Jessica and I have uneven eyelids. I've read into eye lift surgery and all that, but I thought I'd ask this question and get direct amswers. How old do I have to be to get my eyelids fixed? How much does it usually cost? How long would it take after the surgery for my face to look normal, as in no more swelling or anything like that. I would post a picture to show how uneven they are, but i can't post a picture on here.. Love if I could get someone to write back.

Uneven eyelids at 17...

+2

The most important thing for you to do is to be evaluated by someone who specializes in plastic surgery of the eyelids.  There is always some asymmetry that can occur between the two eyes, and it may not be possible to attain perfection.  Sometimes it is extra skin.  Other times it could be ptosis (a droopy eyelid) or a brow that is lower on one side than the other.  Also, the eyeball itself could be protruding causing an asymmetry.  If it is purely skin, then some can be removed to try and even them out.  Parental consent will be necessary so you might as well bring them to the consultation.  Cost is about $3000 and swelling lasts about 10 days.  Be sure to have a thorough evaluation first!

Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid surgery age

+2

It is normal for eyrlids to be different due to your bone structure. Some patients have a dominant side to their face. The best way to understand this is to look at the TV commentators. Look at each side of their face and you will see the difference. In my past, age 17 is too early to operate unless you have a ptosis.

All the best

Thomas A. Narsete, MD
Greenwood Village Plastic Surgeon

I'm 17 and Have Uneven Eyelids?

+1

If you do not have ptosis, it would be unlikely that upper eyelid surgery would benefit a woman of your age.  However, this could only be determined with an exam or photos.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of eyelid surgeries each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

A 17-year-old cannot have eyelid surgery without parental consent.

+1

Cosmetic surgery in  teenagers can be problematic. A 17 parental consent is necessary for cosmetic surgery of the eye. It is unlikely that minor asymmetries are worthy of an operation anyway. The cost of eyelid surgery is posted on my website.

Uneven eyelids in a minor

+1

Thanks for your question but you will have to be of legal age to consent to procedures or having the consent of your parents... that being said, I am wondering just how different your eyelids are.  If just millimeters, it would be difficult to recommend a procedure for your.  If very obvious, then procedures can always be done depending on what the problem is.  This will require a face to face consultation and I suggest you see one of your local doctors for further advice.

Curtis Wong, MD

Uneven eyelids

+1

I think you could do it now but the answer depends on what the problem is. Cost also is tough to say without knowing what you would need and the range varies considerably by location. Basic upper eyelid surgery runs $3000-4000 total for both sides in my region. Recovery is  mostly complete in 1-2 weeks but, again, that would depend on what operation you had and how you healed. I hope this helps!!!!

Matthew Kienstra, MD
Springfield Facial Plastic Surgeon