Im 17 1/2 & I Want to Get a Nose Job. Im Worried That my Nose Shape Will Change Drastically?

I don't want to have to have another one in 5 years. Is this a possibility?

Appropriate age for rhinoplasty

+1

Age 16 for girls and age 17 for boys is acceptable   to undergo a rhinoplasty. The face has stopped growing at that point and it is  acceptable to undergo rhinoplasty.  You  will need   your parents full consent.   Virtual rhinoplasty imaging software is available  on our website to give you an idea of what  can be accomplished with rhinoplasty on  your own facial features

+1

Your nose should not change much from a development standpoint at 17 1/2 years old. With regard to the surgical changes you want to achieve seek an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. Make sure you have a detailed discussion of your desired changes and ask for videoimaging to simulate the changes that your surgeon will try to achieve. This will ensure that the two of you are on the same page and are aiming for the same final result. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

In general, in a female of your age the nose has achieved its dimensions.  Many rhinoplasty surgeons will operate on females at 16 years of age.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA