I'm 16yrs Old and I Have Asymmetrical Breasts. What Can Be Done?

My right is a 38c and my left is a A cup. My breasts are way to different sizes. This is so embarrassing and it's taking control over my life. I can't wear any swim tops or even change in the girls shower room. I always have to wear a fake boob and double it so it can be equal to my right breasts. It's so embarrassing the thought if what if it slips out and everyone sees you wear a fake breasts. The smell afterwards is terrible due to sweating. Even if you wash it the smell doesn't go away.! :(

Congenital Breast Asymmetry?

+2

There is a lot that can be done to improve the symmetry of your breasts. I think there are two important issues to think about:

1. Timing of the surgery ( ideally when you breasts  have achieved their full growth) and

2. Selection of a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon with significant experience treating breast asymmetry.

There are several guidelines to follow in order to select the right surgeon.

You need your plastic surgeon to be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. This certification is an indication that the surgeon has had extra training in the field of aesthetic plastic surgery. This also ensures that the plastic surgeon has earned his or her degree from a reputable medical school and has completed five years of additional residency. Avoid "board certification" by the "board of Cosmetic Surgery" and other similar organizations.

• Reputable plastic surgeons should have privileges to perform cosmetic surgery procedures at an accredited hospital – not just in the surgery center in their office.

• Ask your plastic surgeon to show you before-and-after photos of patients who have undergone cosmetic surgery and ask to speak with some of their patients. 

• Good doctors will ensure realistic expectations and take the time to address your concerns. They will encourage you to do your homework, talk to other patients, and make an informed choice.

• Be skeptical of super saver deals advertised in newspapers and magazines. Most plastic surgeons charge comparable rates and rarely offer "deals." Don't compromise quality care and your safety just to save a few dollars; it may end up costing you more in the long run. An experienced plastic surgeon will be more adept at fixing or addressing any problems that may arise.

• Of course, one of the most important factors in choosing a plastic surgeon is your personal comfort level with the doctor. You should feel comfortable asking questions about your cosmetic surgery procedure so that you can make an educated final  decision regarding the planned procedure.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastaugmentation.htm

See a plastic surgeon

+2

At your age, you need your parents consent, go see a plastic surgeon, something can be done for you to make you more comfortable.

Web reference: Http://www.wrmd.com

Breast augmentation +/- lift/reduction can correct the asymmetry

+2

Sorry to hear about your difficulty but a solution is available.  Without a photo a specific recommendation cannot be made but a breast augmentation with or without reduction or lift of the larger breast can be performed to reduce or eliminate the asymmetry you describe.  Make sure you see several board certified plastic surgeons and look at their before and after photos.  You want to see some examples of work that they have done with comparable asymmetry.

Dr Repta

Web reference: http://aaaplasticsurgery.com

Significant breast asymmetry

+1

Your situation is relatively common and also correctable. Options include placing an implant on the small side or reducing the larger side or a little of both.

I recommend you discuss this with your parent(s) and make an appointment to see a Board-certified plastic surgeon for specific options.

There is also the possibility but no guarantee that insurance may cover a portion of your expenses.

You can get your life back with a breast implant

+1

Your psychological symptoms are exactly why there is no point in waiting to do something about your chest.  You were born with one breast that was primed to develop and another that was not.  There will be no further change to the smaller one by waiting until you are 22.  By then your self esteem may be an even bigger problem.

Plastic surgeons have several answers for this but they almost always involve putting an implant on the smaller side.  At the same time you may need a lift or a slight reduction on the opposite side to get symmetry.  I caution my teenaged patients when they want this fixed that there most likely will be a touch up or a second or even a third operation in the following two years as both sides settle in.  But even with a little difference in size and shape most girls are thrilled with the results of this operation that can really change lives!

Congenital Breast Asymmetry can be corrected

+1

Hi there-

I'm very sorry to hear that you're having to deal with this problem... But on the other hand, you should know that hope is out there for you!

I have managed many young women like yourself and can tell you that there is every reason to believe you can achieve breasts that look great and allow you to live the lifestyle you want.

It is important to visit a surgeon with a lot of experience in both breast reconstruction and cosmetic breast surgery, in order to maximize not only your eventual outcome, but the progression of your management as your body continues to develop.

Web reference: http://www.DrArmandoSoto.com

Severe Breast Asymmetry

+1

Assuming that the development in your larger breast is complete, now would be a good time to begin looking at your options by visiting at least two board certified plastic surgeons with at least one of your parents. You will need a breast implant on the smaller side and you made need some type of reshaping on the larger side to get the best symmetry. It's hard to be specific without the benefit of photos but I can understand why you would be reluctant to send them. Talk to you parents and then try to find a plastic surgeon who has taken care of someone you know.

Web reference: http://www.breastsurgeryindianapolis.com/breast-asymmetry.html

Congenital breast anomalies

+1

Ashley,

I sympathize greatly with you.  It's difficult enough being a teenager today without the added concerns about how to symmetrize your breasts.  If you haven't brought your concerns to your parents yet, you should.  They will also sympathize with you and want to do everything in their power to make you more comfortable.  After getting your parents blessing your next step would be a visit to a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  He/she will evaluate your breast development and explain to you and your parents exactly what your condition is and how to improve it.  Optionally, you can wait until you are 18 and of legal age to consent to surgery if your parents are unsupportive of surgery, which they might be for many reasons, the fact that surgery carries risk to your health.  Good luck!

Web reference: http://francisnyplasticsurgery.com/breast_aug.asp

+1

Genetic or developmental breast asymmetry can be corrected in one to three operations. Best to see a FEW boarded PSs in your area with your parents. 

Asymmetric breasts taking over my life

+1
Get the small breast augmented, and the large one lifted or revised as necessary to match. Without a photo or in person evaluation, impossible to offer specifics, but your problem is not uncommon. See a board certified plastic surgeon in your area (or several) to explore solutions.

Web reference: http://www.feelbeautiful.com