I Am 16, Do I Need a Neck Lift for This? (photo)

I am 16 years old, i do not have a proper neck. i have what seems to be my neck connected to my chin, this causes me alot of distress what can you recommend? Also, if i do not need a neck lift or surgery, what do you recommend i do to sort out this? I have attached three pictures of what it looks like from 3 angles, many thanks in advance

Neck lift at 16?

Your photos seem to ndicate that you have a weak chin. A small chin implant would improve your profile quite a bit. At sixteen you ought to try to loose some weight rather than rely on liposuction.

Neck lift at 16

In my opinion you are entirely too young to consider facial cosmetic surgery. You are no doubt still growing and your face and neck will continue to change through your teenage years. Other than the technical exercise of discussing what could be possible with surgery, I think this website is not the proper forum for you and it is completely inappropriate to recommend surgery for you at this time. Please discuss your concerns with your parents.

Sean Maguire, MD
Louisville Facial Plastic Surgeon

I Am 16, Do I Need a Neck Lift for This?

First off, at 16 years old, you really need to involve your parents in this conversation. They can discuss with you your concerns and give you helpful advice. Further, as a minor you will need their support and consent before proceeding with any treatment. With that said, to improve your neck and jawline you are a great candidate for chin implant and neck liposuction. These procedures can be safely performed at the same time. Seek out an experienced Facial Plastic Surgeon for consultation. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

How can I make my neck look better?

From your pictures it looks like you would benefit from both neck lipocontouring as well as a chin implant. Lipocontouring of the neck will enhance your jawline and the angle between your chin and neck and make it sharper. A chin implant will give your chin more projection which will add to the enhancement.

Todd C. Miller, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Consider a Chin Implant

A weak chin or short chin can make your neck appear less youthful.  For some of my patients it is necessary to perform a chin implant to improve their results from necklift surgery. When the chin is weak or undersized, it disturbs facial balance and harmony.  From your photo it appears that your short chin may be responsible for making your neck look more pronounced- as if you have a double chin. The look of your neck would be remarkably improved through placement of a chin implant. Facial augmentation or implant surgery is one of facial plastic surgery's most gratifying procedures. It provides immediate and effective results that can last a lifetime, while dramatically improving facial harmony. Seek out a board certified facial plastic surgeon in your area that performs simulated video imaging so that you can see how you might look after the procedure.  Best of luck! 

Dr. Clevens

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon