6', 169lb Male with Diastasis Recti. Considering Corrective Surgery and Would Appreciate Advice? (photo)

I am a 6' 169lb man who has what I suspect to be diastasis recti. I am roughly 15% bodyfat and have visible upper abs that appear to be separated by a width of about 5-6cm. While standing at rest with muscles relaxed (as in the side picture) I have an extremely distended midsection. I believe this condition to be hereditary as it has been present since childhood and I have never been overweight. I am considering abdominoplasty and would welcome advice on what kind of improvement I could expect.

Tummy tuck for diastasis only and no loose skin or extra fat

+2

t10: You look like the perfect candidate for muscle repair (plication) through a small incision.  There is an endoscopic technique where a small pubic incision is used with a second one around the umbilicus.  The muscle is folded in and sutured to correct your present muscle bulge.  I have done this for several years without the scope and without the staples, as previously described, although first done with the scope.  The pubic incision is only about 4 inches, easily covered, and tends to settle down nicely .  Big difference compared to the "classic" abdominoplasty!

Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

6', 169lb Male with Diastasis Recti. Considering Corrective Surgery and Would Appreciate Advice?

+1

The diastasis can be repaired through a lower abdominal incision.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tuck and plication procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results. 

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA