I Had 1600cc of Fat and Fluid Removed. How Long Before I Start to See Results?

My stomach is the same size if not bigger. Do you think that is due to swelling and if so when do I get past this phase? Granted it's only been three days.

How long to liposuction results?

+1

Always hopeful, at 3 days you are swollen! The swelling is typically maximal during the first 2 weeks. Don't worry about it for now.

• Be as active as your body tells you it can be.
  • Gentle massage of the abdomen will help to resolve the swelling faster than just time alone.
  • Be sure to wear your compression garment according to your surgeon's instructions.

By about 10 weeks out most patients are about 80% of the way to their final result. But don't try to compare yourself to others. Everyone will heal according to their own pace. 

All the best to you!

San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction - How Long Does It Take to See the Results?

+1

Hi Always hopeful,

I advise my patients that it's about 4-6 weeks to see 85% of the result, 3 months for 90-95% and up to six months (or even longer).  Three days is WAY too early to start thinking or be concerned about your ultimate result.

You should, of course, remain in touch with your own plastic surgeon about this and any other post-operative issues...but I think you'd do well to focus your energies, at this early stage, on recovering from your procedure and, when appropriate, returning to your normal routines of activity and exercise.

i hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Web reference: http://www.bodysculpture.com