If I Am 160 Pounds and Barely an A Now, if I Get 500 Cc Will That Be Too Big

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

500cc implant too big?

+1

At first glance and without an exam I would say you are getting into a pretty large implant. Larger implants are heavier and place significant stress on the skin. Further they can require a lift sooner than another patient with a smaller implant.  For most women I think that would be too big, but this is a very individualized process.  Rather than focusing on the type of implant profile or the number of cc's or bra cup size (with is inaccurate and manufacturer dependent), I would recommend you communicate very clearly your expectations and desires. Your plastic surgeon will decide with you on the profile of the implant based on the breast width, your body shape, skin elasticity and thickness and native breast tissue present. Based on the limited information you have given your results are achievable. In my practice I usually explain the implant types, profile and rationale for using different implants/ profiles. I also use the a special sizing system pre-op and have patients try them inside a bra so they can get a sense of their look. I never tell them what size I have picked until they show me the "look" they REALLY desire by trying on the sizing system in our office. Then we sit down and evaluate "the look" they have chosen and see if it matches what I have chosen by measurements and physical exam.  It does make it both fun and is a healthier partnership between patients and the PS.  Speak with your plastic surgeon. Good luck on your surgery!

How to select the right size breaat implant

+1

There really is no "right sized" implant. The key is to have the diameter of the base of your breast measured preoperatively and then select the implants with that diameter. Since you are indicating an interest in a large volume implant then a high profile device will give you the.maximum volume for your chest anatomy. Whether 500 is feasible will depend on that chest measurement. If you go through that process you will be more likely to get a very nice result that will last a long time. If it turns out the 500 is too wide you have to compromise and accept a slightly smaller implant. Hope this helps. Good luck

Red Bank Plastic Surgeon

Best Breast Implant Size for Me?

+1

I would suggest that you do your due diligence carefully and choose your plastic surgeon wisely.  then allow him/her ( after you have communicated goals clearly with him/her)  to choose the breast implants that will best meet your objectives. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “too big” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
 I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

Implant for patient

+1

It is hard to predict the right size implant for you without a physical exam  and discussing what your goals are.

Implant sizes

+1

There are many variables that go into consideration of implant size, including the width of your current breasts, your height and weight, etc.  Another thing you need to take into consideration is how 'natural' you want to look-- the larger you go, the less natural your final result will be. This is a trade-off that you can decide if you want to go bigger or not. How did you arrive at 500cc as a goal? The best way to judge your ultimate size is by trying on sizers in your surgeon's office. Your surgeon will also be able to guide you as to whether 500cc is too large or not for your frame.

Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.