Is 16 to Young for a Breast Reduction?

hi, i am 170 cm tall and only weigh 68kg, yet i have 32 F breasts, I am a swimmer and i am very active attending the pool 7 times and the gym 4 times. I am very self conscious of my boobs and i was wondering if i was to young for a reduction?

Avoid boat anchor incisions

+1
Age 16 requires parental approval. At size 32 each 100 grams of tissue removed is 1 cup size decrease. If you wanted to be a D you would only require 200 grams removal. There is a new technique called The Ultimate Breast Reduction, which hides the incisions around the areola and in the inframammary fold. This technique reshapes your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevates them higher on the chest wall and more medial. Pain relief is immediate by transferring the weight of the breast to the underlying muscle. This technique maintains nipple sensation and the ability to breast feed, unlike the Wise pattern, which results in the boat anchor shaped incision and was developed in 1956. Best Wishes, Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction under 18

+1

If your breasts are too large at age 16 they are not likely to get smaller as you age. If your large breasts are symptomatic with neck, shoulder, and back, pain a breast reduction procedure may be beneficial. Keep in mind the small risk of nipple numbness. 

Said Samra, MD
Holmdel Plastic Surgeon

What age for a breast reduction

+1

I strongly feel you are not too young for a breast reduction at 16 years old. My daughter had the procedure performed at that age. It was great for her, as she is a swimmer as well. I would suggest you get a consultation from a board certified plastic surgeon with your parents to be informed about the procedure.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon