I Am 16 Years Ol, 4'7 (And No Longer Growing) 100 Lbs but I Think I Need a Breast Reduction Surgery. I Am a 28 F Bra?

Teenagers are occasionally good candidates for breast reduction.

+1

From the description it sounds as though you would benefit functionally from a breast reduction. Your parents however will be responsible for making that decision.

Breast Lift , Breast Reduction #cosmeticsurgery

+1

Dear Quincyfish

Thank you for your question!  I would anticipate from your information that you are a good candidate for Breast Reduction Surgery. It is a very good operation and patients are generally thrilled with the results.  You should have a couple of consultations and go with the surgeon you are comfortable with.

With Warm Regards,

Trevor M Born MD

Trevor M. Born, MD

New alternative for breast reduction

+1

At 16 you will need your parents approval to undergo a breast reduction surgery. 
Also, insurance companies require 2 things.  First, you must have symptoms related to the large breasts such as neck, back and shoulder pain.  Second, you must have the amount removed that will meet their criteria.  At size 28 each 100 grams of tissue is 1 cup size change.  Frequently, insurance companies require a minimum of 500 grams removal.  500 gram removal would result in a size a A, which would not be satisfactory to you.  Your alternative would be to pay for your breast surgery yourself.  There is a new technique called The Ultimate Breast Reduction.  This technique avoids the ugly vertical scars of the Wise pattern, maintains nipple sensation and the ability to breast feed.  Your breast tissue is reshaped creating upper pole fullness, elevated higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.  Pain is relieved by transferring the weight of the breast to the underlying muscle.  This technique will allow you to choose the desired size without undergoing excessive reduction to meet insurance criteria.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction at 16 years old

+1

It is possible to get a reduction at 16 as long as you have parental consent and you are in good health. If you are looking to have medical insurance cover the procedure you will probably have to wait until you are 18. Good Luck!

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

Candidate for a breast reduction

+1

From your description you would seem to be a good candidate for a breast reduction.  Your next step is to be examined by an experienced plastic surgeon.  

Breast reduction

+1

It sounds like you might be a good candidate for a breast reduction but in order to potentially have the surgery you will need to go for a consultation with your parents' approval.

Breast reduction in teenagers

+1

Hi quincyfish.  There are two important considerations for breast reductions in teenagers. First, if your breasts continue to grow, you may find yourself to be full figured and symptomatic in the future. It is hard to quantify this risk, and harder to balance it against the benefit of improvement of your current symptoms, and any social issues you may be having now. Second, you have a low risk of interference with breast feeding and breast/nipple sensation. Despite these concerns, I have operated on a several 16 year olds over the years, and they have been very pleased with the results.   I suggest you discuss your concerns with your parents, and see a plastic surgeon.

Lewis Ladocsi, MD, FACS
Richmond Plastic Surgeon