16 Year Old Wanting to Get a Fairly Complicated Rhinoplasty in a Few Months?

I turned 16 august 8th, the way my deviated septum is also makes my lips slightly asymetrical. I also have a hump and wave as well as a bulbous tip and fairly large nostrils. I would like to go in around january or febuary in vancouver to get all this corrected so everything is symmetrical in order to improve my self confidence. my wishes are fairly realistic and i'm completely willing to undergo the procedure. would this be possible?will i have to go in and see if im almost done growing? thanks

Age at time of rhinoplasty..."Depends"

+2

Hi Vancity.

For girls, age 16 is appropriate to undergo rhinoplasty as almost all of the mid facial growth has completed. For boys, I recommend age 17-18 depending on their growth.

good luck

What's the right age for female/male nose job or rhinoplasty?

+1

When the patient has stopped growing and their face is fully developed is the right time- usually 14-16 in girls and 15-18 in boys.  You should be fine. 

Ramtin Kassir, MD
Wayne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Teenage Rhinoplasty: Am I a good candidate?

+1

Dear Rhinoplasty Patient from Canada,
For female individual considering rhinoplasty, by age 16 facial growth and development is completed and this is an ideal time for a nose job also known as rhinoplasty. According to your description you’re a good candidate for a hump reducing, septoplasty and a tip refinement. You may want to consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon, or a plastic surgeon specializing in rhinoplasty to evaluate your nose. Best of luck

Kevin Sadati, DO

Rhinoplasty at 16

+1

As a general rule, a rhinoplasty is fine on a female of 14 to 16 years of age. The most important thing to consider is whether or not the body maturation process is mostly complete. This is easily judged by whether there is a continuing increase in height and shoe size or whether these factors are stable. For guys, 16 is often a more suitable age for a rhinoplasty, as males mature more slowly than females. As you might understand, everything must be tailored to your specific body type, situation and needs. A reputable plastic surgeon is best equipped to give you best advice for your situation.

Deason Dunagan, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Age for Rhinoplasty

+1

At 16 years of age, a girl is usually old enough for rhinoplasty, but I do wait 1-2 years longer for a young man. I am assuming you are physically mature; reading your question it sounds like you do have appropriate mental maturity. A good consultation will clarify my speculative response.

Age for having rhinoplasty performed

+1

For girls, i recommend waiting until 15 years of age for rhinoplasty. For boys, 16 years of age. I hope this helps answer your question. Thank you and best of luck to you.

Dr. Nassif

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Your nose should be done growing

+1

Most patients especially females, do not have any appreciable change in the size or shape of their nose after your age. I think it is certainly reasonable to consider having surgery done at this stage of your life. Of course your parents have to agree with your decision and authorize the surgery. Make sure that you see a physician who has done a lot of nasal surgery, especially with teenagers.

Joseph M. Perlman, MD

Age for rhinoplasty

+1

Most women reach adult height and size by the time they are 16 or 17.  Guys tend to lag about a year or two behind the young ladies.  Remember perfect symmetry is impossible to achieve.

16 is a good age for rhinoplasty

+1

Many sixteen year old females are mature enough to undergo rhinoplasty.  However, your parents have to agree as well.  Find a board certified  Plastic Surgeon that everyone is comfortable with and good luck!

Yael Halaas, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

16 is a perfectly acceptable age for rhinoplasty

+1

For young women, 16 is an acceptable age for rhinoplasty, and years ago was probably the most common age for teenagers to look for help. From what you describe, I also would not consider you rhinoplasty complicated as a better definition might be 'complete' rhinoplasty with a septal repair. You need not worry about any less chance for success with your procedure.

peterejohnsonmd