16 With Saggy Breasts, What Are My Options To Make Them Look Fuller?

I have had saggy breasts for a few years now, going up and down on my weight. I am so self concious about this and i really want to do something aout it. I am planning on getting a lift and maybe implants and i was wondering if there was an alternative insted of implants to make my breasts look fuller, maybe a certain type of lift? I dont want my breasts getting bigger than a c, this is one of the reasons i dont want implants. Thanks for yor help and this is pretty much what my breasts look like

Breast surgery for lifting the breasts

+1

This is a very difficult question to answer for you without seeing a photo of you.  In general, age 16  may be a little young  to consider having breast surgery, because even though you may be unhappy with your shape there may still be some changes that will still occur in the next several years.  Lifts will make you appear to be more youthful and fuller, but with some breast shapes a small breast implant may be needed to creats a fuller, more rounded shape.  Of course seeing a picture of you would help determine this

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift at age 16

+1

Unless you have a rather severe condition, I would not recommend breast surgery at age 16.  Your breasts and body are still changing, it would be best for your weight to be stable for at least 6 months before considering surgery.  You do not want to have a procedure now that would lead to a second or even a third surgery at such a young age.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lifting at 16?

+1

It is likely,  given your  your concerns,  that you will benefit from breast lifting surgery plus or minus breast augmentation. One of the major  and considerations is timing of the surgery  in relation to your life circumstances.

Some patients prefer to wait until they have completed pregnancies and/or are in stable long-term relationships.

Most patients undergoing this procedure will accept scarring as long as their overall goals in regards to size, shape, contour and symmetry are met.   

When the time is right, consider consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons for accurate advice.

Breast Lift

+1

Breast lift benefits include elevating the nipple and relocating the breast volume to a more lifted position.  While successful, the lift will usually not provide that upper breast (above the nipple) fullness and rounded contour.  That shape change usually requires the addition of an implant.  I hope this info is helpful.

Ronald H. Stefani Jr, MD

Lift?

+1

First of all, at 16 you are still likely to go through some size and shape changes as your breasts mature a bit.  A lift of some variety is needed to change your shape if no implant is to be uesed.  There are a variety of techniques each with their own advantage and disadvantage.  Which one is right for you will depend not just on the result you desire, but also the dimensions of your chest and breast.

Scott E. Newman, MD, FACS

Saggy Breasts require a lift

+1

Only way to correct sagging breasts is a breast lift operation.

Breast lift may or may not be combined with a breast implant depending upon patient's individual goals

Vasdev Rai, MD

Sagging breasts and the need for implants

+1

implants are not needed to create shape and fullness of the breast. Implants should only be used when a patient wants to be larger in order to give more volume.

Implants are machines and have a lifespan like any other machine. The 2 main companies in the United States wanted implants for 10 years so they're convinced won't break leak our tear for 10 years. Most people will have to have additional surgery due to their implants in a lifetime. So if you can use your own tissue you're much better off.

There are many different types of breast lifts. All with advantages and disadvantages. You must discuss the different types of lifts with your surgeon and decide what is best for you. You should also look at the surgeons before-and-after pictures and make sure you like the results you see. If you don't like the results you see in the before-and-after pictures you probably won't like your results after your surgery.

If you look at my profile for my website under mastopexy all of these before-and-after pictures are mastopexy's without implants.

Wendell Perry, MD

Breast lift without implants

+1

Dear Hanna,

There is a technique for lifting breasts so that they are perky, firm and all natural. Your own breast tissue is used to form an inner cone and it is permanently attached to your pectoralis muscle to ensure longevity of lift (unlike other lifts that rely on skin envelope only). There is no vertical scar to this technique regardless of how saggy you are. Remeber that if you choose to have implants, these will only stretch things out in time. This complication is the same as you are dealing with now, but much larger and harder to fix.  Best wishes, Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift for perkier breasts

+1

If you can make your breasts look like you want them to with your hands or with a bra then you do not need an implant and a breast lift is likely all you would need.  Take a look at the Before and After photo link below as an example.  The patient was also 16 years old.

Dr Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Options for 16-year old with Saggy Breasts

+1

To perk up a drooping breast, your surgeon will remove excess skin, reposition the nipple, and redrape and tighten the remaining skin to support the breast. The areola may also be reduced in size. A mastopexy (breast lift) raises droopy breasts from one to several inches and excess skin is removed. If you're sagging or asymmetrical, and are looking for perkiness, you'll need a lift--or, if you also want more volume, a lift and implants.

A breast lift raises droopy breasts from one to several inches and excess skin is removed. If you just want to go bigger, the only way to do that is with implants. The great thing about these techniques is that they can now be down with minimal scarring and performed as an outpatient procedure without the need for general anesthesia.

When women with saggy breasts want to go bigger, I usually advise doing a breast lift along with the implants. Otherwise, the implants create what we call a “double bubble,” where the breast droops off the end of the implant like a sock. Some of my patients, however, don’t want a lift because they want to avoid additional scarring, so sometimes implants alone can fill out the skin and eliminate the saggy appearance.

Michelle Copeland, MD, DMD