16 Year Old Injection Rhinoplasty?

Hi! I'm a 16 year old male and I would like to get non surgical rhinoplasty to reduce the width of my nose, would that be possible? I have an asian nose. I was also wondering if i needed to consult my doctor before having the actual procedure done? thanks for all your answers in advance!

Non surgical rhinoplasty and Asian

+1

Asian noses can be wide at the tip or the nasal bridge.  Fillers such as Restylane, Juvederm, Belotero, or even Radiesse can be used to raise the bridge, decrease the angle between the forehead and nose, and even build mild height to the tip of your nose.  A nonsurgical rhinoplasty would be a good option for a young male such as yourself since it lasts 1-2 years and can buy you time if you want to perform a formal rhinoplasty later or to save up money for the formal procedure when you're older.  Good luck.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

16 Year Old Injection Rhinoplasty?

+1

I would not suggest any filler or surgery until your skeletal growth is complete.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Non Surgical Nose Job

+1

A non surgical approach of using Juvederm to fill in the dorsal deficiency of  an Asian nose is a procedure that works well and results seem to last 3 to 4 years or longer.   Dorsal injection of Juvederm also assists in making your nose look not only higher but also narrower.   Juvederm has many applications in nasal correction.   I have had patients come to me with traumatic related nose injury and dents that we have filled with great success.   The longevity is amazing and lasts at least 4 years.   My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Injectable nose reshaping

+1

Thank you for your question.  I am glad to hear you are looking at non-surgical options at your age.  The nose is still forming for another few years and generally, I do not recommend reshaping surgical procedures until the patient is older.  Injectable procedures can make the nose look less wide by accentuating the bridge and creating balance across the bridge as the base of the nose, toward the nostrils, of the asian nose is typically the issue.  It's about creating symmetry.  Absolutely, do not proceed with a procedure without a full consultation and seek the advice of a qualified cosmetic medical physician.  The nose is a challenging area and skill is required.  

Good luck with your procedure.

Dr. M

R. Stephen Mulholland, MD

Nonsurgical rhinoplasty can work well to augment &

+1

Thank you for your post.  I encourage you to submit photos to allow for a more informed answer to your question.  Some Asian patients feel their nose is too wide-- this "wide" appearance is often accentuated by a flat contour of the nasal "bridge" or dorsum.  Depending on the area of concern, nonsurgical rhinoplasty using dermal fillers can work very well.  You should see a facial plastic surgery specialist who is experienced with nonsurgical rhinoplasty for an in-person consultation to determine your goals and your candidacy.  Please see my example patient below.  She wanted a conservative amount to start, but she would also be a good candidate for even more augmentation and narrowing. Her non-surgical rhinoplasty took only a couple minutes to perform and she was ready to go out to dinner immediately afterwards.  

Lynn Chiu-Collins, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon