Am I a candidate for a nose job? (photos)

I'm 16 and I really think I need a nose job. My nose is too wide and bulbous for my face and doesn't really have much definition. There's also too much space between my nose and upper lip. Is it possible for my nose to look more like my wish picture?

Possible Nose Surgery

+1
The growth center of the nose usually matures at the age of 18. I would recommend that you wait for the foundation to settle before contemplating any changes. 

Thailand Facial Plastic Surgeon

Am I a candidate for a nose job?

+1
The tip as well as the alar base can be reduced in size to create better balance.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Rhinoplasty

+1
First at 16 you would need consent from your parents to go for a consultation. Certainly during consultation your concerns could be addressed. Good luck.

+1
The decision to undergo a rhinoplasty is a personal one.  You are certainly old enough to undergo a rhinoplasty, and I see things that can be improved upon; however, the photos you have shown as your "wish" nose might not be achievable nor desirable for you.  Everyone's face is unique, and one's nose should match their face, ethnicity, height, etc.  There are also considerations regarding skin thickness and balancing the nose with the chin, etc.  It's best to consult with a surgeon who specializes in facial aesthetic surgery, specifically rhinoplasty.  Best of luck.

A. Joshua Zimm, MD

Most girls are physically ready for rhinoplasty by the age of 16

+1
Being ready for rhinoplasty is both the physical aspect, past your growth spurt, and psychological. Is this a mature adult decision. As for changes that can be made. You should see a rhinoplasty expert. To determine what can be done with your nose, your doctor needs to touch and look inside your nose in addition to photos.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

"Do I need a rhinoplasty?"

+1
Even though the beauty is in the eye of a beholder, I still think that the appearance of your nose can be greatly improved with rhinoplasty surgery. Several things that could be improved with surgery: the tip can be better defined and alar base narrowed; the dorsum of the nose is too low and needs to be brought up. Absolutely consider the surgery and get a few consultations with board certified facial plastic surgeons specializing in rhinoplasty to select the one you will entrust your nose to. 

Alexander Ovchinsky, MD

Nose job at 16

+1
It is recommended for you to wait until you stop growing to have a Rhinoplasty. This occurs around the ages of 18-19 years of age.  This will get you the best and longer lasting results.  You are only about 2 years away so be patient.

Donald F. Roland, MD

Rhinoplasty for a bulbous tip

+1
You are a candidate for a rhinoplasty procedure that can really make a big difference in the shape of your nose.  The profile needs to be elevated while the tip needs refinement and the alar bases need to be narrowed.  Please contact a board certified plastic surgeon for an in depth consultation.

Theodore Diktaban, MD, FACS

Wide Flat Nose

+1
I see, what you see. Your nasal tip is wide and bulbous. Your bridge is low and wide. Your alar base is also wide. A standard closed reduction rhinoplasty with possible augmentation of the nasal bridge with cartilage/bone/or silicone would modify your nasal problems. In my NJ practice, the total fee is $4100. Consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with rhinoplasty expertise.

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon