Hello. I'm 16 and I Have a Mole on my Nose and I Would Really Want to Get It Removed Without a Scar? (photo)

I really want to get my mole on my nose removed and I don't want it to be a scar. It is practically flat but I don't want to laser it off because I don't want nothing showing. I want it to look like I never had a mole. It is dark so what would the best thing to do about it is and how much will it cost? And what kind of doctor shall I go to?

Mole removal

+1

Since the mole is flat, the only way to remove it is with complete surgical excision.  This will leave a scar.  I would recommend that you see a facial plastic surgeon for an evaluation and discuss treatment. 

Mole removal and scar.

+1

Hi

I always commence these consultations by stating that a mole will be traded for a scar.  The scar is usually less obvious and with time significantly improves. It will most likely be a little longer than the actual mole and a straight line and slightly hypopigmented ( lighter than your normal skin colour) with maturity.  MAturity of a scar may take up to 18-24 months.  I think if the mole has changed in appearance such as colour, shape or size then it should be further examined by a plastic surgeon or dermatologist, to excluded any maligancy.  Costs are variable and would depend on who does it an dthe type of setting it is removed in.

Hope this helps.

Stephen Salerno

Stephen Salerno, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Mole Removal: Q&AAsk a Question

+1

There is no way to remove this mole without some type of scar althought many times this can be done with a result that is less noticeable than the mole. This is a risk of doing a procedure on a benign appearing lesion in a cosmetically delicate area.

My opinion is to leave it.

Dr. Malouf

Peter Malouf, DO
Dallas Dermatologist

Mole removal on the nose.

+1

There is no way to remove the mole and not have a scar.  What you perceive as a scar is subjective.  The flat mole (most likely a junctional nevi) can be shaved or excised.  Speak to your dermatologist about whether the mole appears "normal".  A dermascope is used to magify the lesion and assess the characteristics before removal.  Any type of removal should be sent for histologic evaluation to a dermpathologist.  Some moles are acquired in your early adult life, wear your sunscreen and watch for changes in appearance. 

Cheryl Eberting, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologist

Flat dark moles on the nose can have a couple of options in removal.

+1

Burning it lightly with electrofulguration is a great way to lighten it up a lot and almost looks like nothing was ever there if done a few times. Another option is to precisely freeze it with liquid nitrogen a few times since the cold freezing destroys the cells that produce the dark color. Both are easy to undergo and give great results but need to be done a few times. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Removing Mole on the Nose

+1

A very good technique for removing this mole is with what we call a "shave excision." When done properly, it moves the mole entirely and results in an excellent cosmetic result. The specimen, once removed, can then be sent to the pathologist to be checked. 

Channing R. Barnett, MD

Best methods for removing a mole on the nose

+1

Moles on the nose can be easily removed by one of two methods: a shave excision or an excision with suture closure. A shave excision is a procedure where the mole is actually "shaved off" at a level just below the surface of the skin. The other method is an excision with suture closure which uses both dissolving and non-dissolving sutures to give the best cosmetic result. All methods of surgery will leave a scar but the trick is to minimize the scar using the proper technique. You should see either a dermatologist or a plastic surgeon but make sure they do both procedures expertly. The price will vary depending on the procedure that is done.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Mole Removal on the Nose

+1

There is really no procedure that can guarantee "no scar." Any procedure that traumatizes the skin has the potential to leave a mark. Many procedures will heal exceptionally well and any mark or scar will be barely visible or not noticeable to most people. Some moles may be shaved off, a procedure call tangential excision. In this case the mole is shaved off flat with the surrounding skin and no sutures are used. Another option is to have the mole excised and sutured closed. The choice is dependent upon whether the mole is flat or raised, how much pigment there is in the mole and other factors. Best option is to see a dermatologist, facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon and discuss your options. Good luck

Andrew Kaufman, MD

Options to treat mole on nose

+1

I do not know of any method that could remove the flat mole on your nose without leaving some sort of mark or scar.  My recommendation would be to have the mole surgically removed.  You would be trading the mole for a straight scar, but in most cases, the scar can be made to be less noticeable than the mole.  You could see a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon and there are some dermatologists that specialize in surgical procedures as well.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon