Ask a doctor

I'm 16 and Doctors Near my Area Won't Do a Tummy Tuck on Me? (photo)

I live in Rahway, NJ and I've lost over 100 pounds and gained 20 pounds of muscle. At my peak I was 280 pounds then by summer 2012 I was 176. But I've been maintaining at 194 for a couple of months.

Doctor Answers (4)

Tummy Tuck Candidate


First off , Congratulations on your wieght loss. Due to the excess skin shown in your photos , your condition should be addressed with a Tummy Tuck , as long as you are cleared of any other medical issues and have full parental consent I do believe you are a candidate for a Standard Abdominoplasty .


Miami Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 32 reviews

Tummy tuck candidate


Patients that loose weight and have a hanging belly despite maintaing  their lower weight are good candidates for abdominoplasty.

Providing you have parental consent and you do not have any medical contra-injdications you should be a good candidate for tummy tuck.

Please consult in person with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon prior to making treatment decisions.

New York Plastic Surgeon
4.0 out of 5 stars 11 reviews

Tummy Tuck Candidate at 16?


Congratulations on your significant weight loss; you should be very proud of this accomplishment. Although unusual, I do not see any contraindication to proceeding with tummy tuck surgery if you are found to be a good candidate ( after complete in-person consultation process). 

 Best wishes.

Web reference:

San Diego Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 627 reviews

I'm 16 and Doctors Near my Area Won't Do a Tummy Tuck on Me?


   Though you are 16, you do have an issue that is interfering with your quality of life.  With your parents' consent, you should be a reasonable tummy tuck candidate.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference:

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 149 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.