16 and Desperate for a Breast Lift and Areloa Reduction?

I am 16, have a tall nice body but my breasts aren't the best by any means... I would like to get a lift and areola reduction as soon as i turn 18 , but have some questions... How much on average would it cost in Massachusetts? I would be paying for it myself, as a college student. Are there any reputable surgeons in Massachusetts I could be referred to? I would prefer a female. And also, I just want to learn more about the procedure and pain levels, stages, and basically anything else there is.

Teenager and a breast lift / areolar reduction

+2

The type of surgery that you need would be a breast lift.  There are several different types of breast lift and in order to decide which would be best for your requires an examination.  I am sure that there are many qualified plastic surgeons in your area. Ask trusted friends and relatives or your family physician for a referral.  

Uncomplicated mastopexy costs about 4000 dollars complete.

+2

In my practice the cost for a mastopexy including anesthesia, facility charge, and professional fee is about 4000 dollars.

Avoid unnecessary vertical and horizontal scars

+1

There is a new technique called The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reduce the size of the areolas, reshape your breast creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.  Aligning the areola and breast tissue over the bony prominence of the chest wall will increase your anterior projection.  I recommend avoiding techniques such as the lollipop or boat anchor shaped incisions.  The vertical scars are very unattractive and cannot be hidden.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

16 and Desperate for a Breast Lift and Areolar Reduction?

+1

Thanks for your question. 

An areolar reduction is an integral part of a breast lift, but there are a number of incision patterns the surgeon will choose from depending upon how much the areola must be moved and how much excess skin must be dealt with.

RealSelf has price listings for your general areas for mastopexy (breast lift), but they prices will not be separated by type of lift. 

When you are ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. As you may begin the process before reaching 18, a parent will need to accompany you to consults. Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Breast lift in adolescent

+1
Massachusetts has a large number of board certified plastic surgeons, per capita, and major teaching programs abound as well. (It hurts me to say this, as a graduate of Yale Medical School but it is true!) You should have no trouble finding distinguished plastic surgeons of both sexes. The website of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons contains a doctor roster by geographic location. To see one prior to age 18, a parent or legal guardian must be present. You will also find more detailed information about various procedures on the ASPS website. Best wishes.

Robert L. Kraft, MD