Botox for 15yr Old with Excessive Sweating?

she has to change her top at least 3/4 times a day..would botox work 4 her and how much in pounds does it cost roughly thank you

Botox for sweating

+1

Botox is great for excessive sweating, although is has to be repeated every 4-6 months.  For cost, call around your area to get some estimates.  The entire procedure takes about 30-45 minutes and it can be done right in the office.   Good luck!

Botox will work to stop sweating, but is expensive

+1

I do a fair amount of Botox for hyperhidrosis but I too would recommend a thoracic sympathectomy. This is an outpatient procedure with minimal risk, done by a cardiothoracic surgeon, and it can stop sweating permanently. Look into it. Otherwise, in terms of cost, I charge $1200 per treatment for both armpits (50 units per armpit). It is usually repeated every 6 months. Good luck.

Sirish Maddali, MD

Treatment for excessive sweating

+1

I would not recommend Botox be done for excessive underarm sweating at such a young age.  Aluminum topical agents and drionic therapy should be attempted first.  Discuss these alternatives with your physician first.   

Ronald Shelton, MD

Botox for sweating in 15 years old

+1

Botox will certainly work for her. Just make sure she does not have any neurological disorders especially anything affecting her speech and swallowing or movement.

I charge about $600.00. which is about $365 pounds

Regards

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sweating, Botox and Alternatives

+1

Another consideration which has been discussed and appears more in the literature is the destruction of the sweat glands by laser, using the lasers that are used for laser assisted liposculpture (SmartLipo, ProlLipo, etc). It is a procedure that can be performed under local anesthesia, tumescent anesthesia and mild oral sedation and may be more permanent and safer that other alternatives. It won't hurt to get a consultation but be sure your physician is experienced in all modes of treatment of "hyperhidrosis".

Theodore Katz, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

About $680 in US Dollars

+1

I have no idea whether the English health system covers this cost. In the United States, most insurance companies do cover this treatment, provided that a prior therapy has failed.

Otherwise, the cost is as follows: $525 for a vial of BOTOX ( 50 units for each armpit), $90 office visit and $65 for administration. You should please do the conversion.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist

See a thoracic surgeon

+1

The cost of a lifetime of Botox would be astronomical.  You might want to visit a thoracic (chest) surgeon and discuss a sympathectomy procedure in which nerves in the chest are cut to reduce sweating.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS