1.5cm X 2cm Hematoma After Vertical Lift with BA (225cc)?

Im 12days post op and after massaging last night my left breast swelled up suddenly. I went to the hospital today and they found a hematoma via an ultrasound. The bleeding has stopped and I do not have an infection. There is some tissue btw the silicone implant and the hematoma. To avoid increased risk of infection they chose not to drain it. I am now sleeping elevated and wearing two crop tops for compression. Am I still a high risk of CC given it is small? I have been told to stop massage too.

Hematoma After Vertical Lift with BA

+2

It is not clear that hematoma can increase the risk of capsular contracture. Even if so, this is not likely in this setting where the clotted blood is not in direct contact with the implant.

Follow up with your surgeon. Best wishes.

Hematoma after breast lift and augmentation

+1

Unless there is a visible problem I have trouble paying much attention to the results of this ultrasound. There are fluid collections after surgery all the time.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS