I Am 150 Pounds and 5'4. I'm 38C and Want to Be DD. How Many Cc's Would That Be? Would It Look Okay? (photo)

Implant size

+2

It is very difficult to predict what cup size you will be after your procedure.  Cup sizes are not standardized.  So a D cup in one designer could be a C cup or B cup in another designer.   This is the approach I use to help guide my patients with their implant size selection:

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Implant Selection Process

+1

The larger the implant, the higher the risk of complications.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Simultaneous lift increases projection

+1

At size 38 C each 200 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.  To become a DD you would require 400 cc implants.  I always recommend silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural and are less likely to ripple.  Unfortunately, I cannot tell if your breasts are drooping and you need a simultaneous lift.  There is a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.  Through the same incision, an implant can be placed.  Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall gives maximum anterior projection with a minimal size implant.  Smaller implants are more stable long term and less likely to have complications that need revision. 

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

I Am 150 Pounds and 5'4. I'm 38C and Want to Be DD. How Many Cc's Would That Be? Would It Look Okay?

+1

Dear dcl,

Thank you for your post.  Unfortunately its hard to tell anything with your bra still on.  In general, rather than working backwards and starting with cc size, you should start with the measurement of the breast width.  This is the ideal breast width and not necessarily your current breast width.  Again, this is hard to tell with you bra on.  Next for a 2 cup size increase you will need a MP+ type of projection.  The cc's will depend on the implant width, which should be picked from your ideal breast width dimensions.

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Shorter people start to look heavier

+1

when larger implants are used.  Get an unlined DD cup bra and find out how much rice in knee hi stocking will fully fill the cup and see if you're comfortable with that 'look'.  Then let your doctor know how much rice it took to give you the DD cup appearance and if your doctor has sizers, even better.

Curtis Wong, MD

+1

Photo are in bra so we can not see the nude appearance! Very hard to give even a guess if you are a candidate for large volume implants! Best to see a few boarded PSs in your city IN PERSON! 

I Am 150 Pounds and 5'4. I'm 38C and Want to Be DD. How Many Cc's Would That Be?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. Unfortunately, online consultants will not be of help to you when it comes to the specific questions you are  asking. Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as  “natural”  or “ DD cup”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Volume and breast cup size

+1

You can expect for about every 200 cc of implant volume you will go up about a cup size.  This can vary depending upon the base diameter of your existing breast.  

With breast augmentation, you have to decide whether you want to look very big or natural.

+1

Hi.

The two are mutually exclusive.  Breast augmentation to DD may not look natural. 

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)