What Can Be Done 1.5 Yrs After Primary Rhino when Tip is More Bulbous Than Before?

I had primary rhino-tip plasty only 1.5 yrs ago. I never got any steroid injections after several requests. My nose is now very round and bulbous at the tip and uneven. I hate it and dont know what to do. Can steroid injections help at this point or do I have to have an open revision tip plasty? The nose is wide, bulbous and hangs down due to i dont know.

Bulbous Tip

+1

Hi,

At this point you probably need a revision rhinoplasty to reduce the bulbous tip. If you started with a bubous tip and still have one, you may have additional scar tissue and fat in the tip making the tip even more bulbous. Steroids will not do anything for this. See link below.

Dr.S.

Rhinoplasty revision surgery will often correct unsatisfactory primary rhinoplasty

+1

After a year and a half, your nose should have settled to its final appearance. If you are not happy, discuss with your surgeon, because he or she will want you to be happy and will be able to offer you the best financial options. If you do not find this approach available, or do not have confidence in your surgeon, then seek an experienced Plastic surgeon for another opinion. You should be able to get satisfaction.

Rodney A. Green, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Bulbous Tip 1.5 Years after Rhinoplasty

+1

Without pictures I cannot comment on your nose, but a bulbous tip can usually be refined with revision surgery. The exact technique will depend on the thickness of your skin, the position of your tip, etc.

Bulbous tip after rhinoplasty

+1

A bulbous tip can be revised if you are unhappy with it. Now that you are out 1 and 1/2 yrs from your previous surgery the nose should be healed to allow for this to be done.

Bulbous and Hanging Tip after Previous Rhinoplasty

+1

Without photos or an exam, I would think you would probably need a revision of the previous rhinoplasty.  Operative details of the first operation may be helpful in determining what needs to be done.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA