15 Years Old, 4'9", 34DD, Size 00 in Jeans. Can I Get a Reduction?

I have scoliosis, so i have a lot of back pain. And i am almost 16, so i am in highschool, and i get a lot of ridicule for my boobs being bigger than they should be. I wear a size 00 Short in jeans, which is super small. and my boobs are size 32-34DD, but they are falling out of this bra. So, a little bigger than that. If you have any suggestions, please please please email me! or leave comments on here!

Breast Reduction

+2

Discuss your concerns with your parents and speak to your pediatrician. Together they can help determine if you are ready to discuss your concerns with a board certified plastic surgeon. Upon examination, discussion and consultation, your surgeon will be able to determine if you are a candidate for a breast reduction. Best wishes!

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction for teenager

+1

It sounds like you are dealing with juvenile breast hypertrophy along with the physical and psychosocial consequences of this diagnosis. In other words, the breasts are too large for the frame causing  both physical and psychological distress.

It sounds like you have done your homework and understand the potential risk and consultations associated with breast reduction surgery. You also understand that further surgery may be necessary in the future (for example if the breasts were to grow in size again).

On the other hand, breast reduction surgery is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform and I think that for the right teenager (enough symptoms) it may be an excellent option (regardless of the age).

I would suggest an in-person consultation with a well-trained/experienced board-certified plastic surgeon. Best wishes.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastreduction.htm

Breast Reduction at a young age

+1

You may have a condition called gigantomastia.   In this condition, a breast reduction can be performed at a young age with the understanding that repeat breast reduction or revision surgery may be necessary once you reach breast maturity.   I would undergo evaluation by a board certified plastic surgeon to understand the risk to benefit ratio of undergoing the procedure at such a young age.

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Breast reduction at 16

+1

You  may very well be a candidate for a breast reduction, but this would require a consultation with  a plastic surgeon with your parents' consent.

Symptomatic complaints of enlarged breasts in 15 year old

+1

As long as your growth spurt is completed and your breasts have ceased growing, it is reasonable to consider breast reduction with the caveat that it may be difficult to nurse should you decide to do this at a later date. You should discuss this with your pediatrician

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/breast-reduction/

Youngest Age for Breast Reduction

+1

You question is a great one, and I am often asked what is the youngest age at with a breast reduction can be performed so you are not alone with this. With women entering puberty at younger and younger ages, the frequency with which I am asked can only go up.

As long as you are healthy, a breast reduction can be performed at any age. So why don't plastic surgeons recommend breast reductions at the earliest possible age? In your case, size 00 with 32-34 DD+ breasts, you are well out of proportion, and reduction seems very reasonable. The main reason to wait is that your breasts may not be done growing.

While repeating a breast reduction is not necessary in the majority of cases, there is a higher chance that it will be necessary if breast reduction is performed at a younger age. Redo breast reductions are more complicated, and can have more problems, so the goal is to do the procedure once.

It might be beneficial to obtain a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area to establish a relationship. Careful measurements can be made to document your current size, and these can be repeated in the future to better predict when your breast size has plateaued. This will give you a chance to get comfortable with the surgeon and the surgery, and can make the entire process feel safer and more secure.

Patental permission is required for any procedure performed before at 18. Hopefully, your family is supportive, and a consultation will also give them a chance to get comfortable with the idea, and be even more supportive.

Breast can enlarge with puberty, pregnancy and menopause, so there is always the chance that your breast reduction may need to be repeated. The safest way is to have a second breast reduction is to have the same surgeon do both operations. Be certain to get and keep your history, physical exam and operative reports in a safe place, just in case you need a different surgeon for any additional breast procedures. This can be very helpful.

Below are links to to some additional information on Breast Reduction. One is a web link to my San Francisco Plastic Surgery Blog, and the other is a video from a local television station discussing Breast Reduction.

Web reference: http://www.sanfranciscoplasticsurgeryblog.com/breast-augmentation-breast-lift-san-francisco/

Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon

Breast reductions in young adults

+1

Age by itself is not the primary consideration for a breast reduction if you have symptoms. However, you may require a second reduction at some time in the future, especially after a pregnancy. Complication rates on second breast reductions are higher than first time. I would keep a copy of your operative report, so that if you do require a second reduction, the surgeon will know what technique was used the first time. 

Topeka Plastic Surgeon

Wait until breasts stop growing before you have Breast Reduction.

+1

Hi.

You can have a breast reduction now, but then you will likely need another when you are twenty.  So I would wait two or three years, even though I know this is hard on you psychologically.

Breast Reduction under age 18.

+1

Breast reduction can be performed safely in women under the age of 18. Your size should be stable for six months and you should be finished growing as evidenced by stable ring and shoe size. Of course you will need to have your parents in attendance and consent to the procedure. I would advise you to seek a consultation with an experienced surgeon whom you feel understands your situation and you feel comfortable with. You should fully understand the risks of the procedure as well as the fact that you will have permanent scars from the procedure. All of this being said, a breast reduction is a wonderful procedure for alleviating neck, back and shoulder pain caused by the weight of the breasts.

You can have a breast reduction at age 15

+1

Breast reduction is possible at age 15, though your breast is still likely to grow and develop further. Breast reduction does pose certain trade-offs such as permanent scars on the breast, and a reduced ability to breast feed so you should consider reduction carefully, and only when you feel the time is right for you to make a decision. A full size breast is not always a bad thing and your breast though large may not be too big at all. It is just as possible  that your friends that ridicule you have brains that are too small for their age.

peterejohnsonmd

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.