I Am a 15 Year Old and I'm Considering Getting a Nose Job at 18, Is This A Good Age?

Here are my nose characteristics: Small bump, bulbous tip, slightly wide nose... I was wondering if my nose would be a little more proportional with my face, and if so at around what age. I know girls who get surgery at my age but I still get nervous about the idea. Thank you and I would like a response as soon as possible.

Nose job at 18 yo

+1

The correct age for rhinoplasty or nose job is when facial growth is completed. As early as 16, facial growth is completed in females. Having this procedure at 18 yo is a good time to correct the bump, bulbous tip and wide nose.

Balance is important for the nose to match the face. Preoperative evaluation with your plastic surgeon  will determine how much to reduce the bump, tip and width of the nose. Using 2D or 3D pictures of your nose and simulating surgery can help reach a mutual expectation between the patient and surgeon.

Naples Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty at Age 15

+1

Most young girls are physically mature enough to have a rhinoplasty at age 15. However, mentally you may not be ready to make the change. Discuss this with your parents and then consult with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon whenever you want to consider this operation. 

Nose job at 18

+1

For many girls 16 is fine and certainly 18 should be great. More important then numeric age though is the maturity to handle the face altering nature of rhinoplasty (even if modest). The more you are able to get comfortable with your decision to have surgery the better it will be. Involve your parents in your goals as well.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

I'm 15 and considering a Rhinoplasty at 18, is this a good age?

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty for over 20 years and the rule of thumb is to have the majority of nasal growth completed before undergoing a Rhinoplasty.  Generally this is around 15-16 for girls and 16-17 for boys however, I think the more realisitic factor is when the teen feels ready for the Rhinoplasty which you clear state you are not at this time.  I agree, with you, that you should wait until you are a bit older and are truly prepared for the surgery.  You'll know when it's the right time and if you still have to guess, the answer is "not yet."  Keep your parents in the decision making loop as well.  Their your best source of support before and after the Rhinoplasty.

Rhinoplasty at age 18

+1

18 is a great age to consider a rhinoplasty.  While they safely can be performed at a younger age, I think it is better to wait a little longer to be sure that your nose is fully mature and that you have had time to really think about it.  If you have surgery before age 18, then a parent will have to sign the consent form for you.

Jeffrey E. Kyllo, MD

Rhinoplasty and bump on nose and bulbous tip.

+1

Rhinoplasty and bump on nose and bulbous tip can be done any time after 15 in females. It doesn't sound like you are sure as to this and therefore I would wait until you are.

Usually after 15

+1

For girls, usually any time after 15 a rhinoplasty can be performed. This is done in consultation with the patient and their family. Speak to your parents about your wished and seek help from a qualified experienced rhinoplastic surgeon.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

18 is perfect age for rhinoplasty

+1

Actually, 16 is pretty good as well, as your face and nose are mature enough to get a very nice and predictable result. If you are uncomfortable with the idea, certainly wait. The time just after high school and transitioning into college can be a time where changes are less noticed, and explanations unnecessary.

peterejohnsonmd

18 is good age

+1
I usually recommend waiting until 16 for both male and female patients to ensure adequate facial growth prior to rhinoplasty. That said, 18 is a great age from developmental aspect and often is a nice time for transition either to college or working. Good luck

Colin Pero, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for teenagers, age for surgery

+1

This is a common concern for many patients. We believe that young women continue to grow the physical structural nose until at least 15. Obviously you would benefit from a consultation with a qualified plastic surgeon. Remember that this surgery is challenging for both the surgeon and the patient and must be taken seriously. I personally think that the ideal time to consider this surgery in many young adults is just after graduation from high school. I think this is an optimal time from a physicial and emotional standpoint. Speak with your physician and your parents about your goals. Best Wishes, Dr. Todd Hobgood

Todd Christopher Hobgood, MD
Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon