I am a 15 year old male, I broke my nose on march 22nd 2014. Can I get it fixed at this age through Rhinoplasty/Septoplasty?

it looks like its got a dent in it and it looks crooked. Some people say that I need to get septoplasty and some say rhinoplasty, 

Septoplasty or septorhinoplasty

+2
Dear Monish,
A consultation and examination would be necessary to provide the right answers for you personally. On a general basis 15 years old for a male rhinoplasty is young unless you have finalized your growth spurts. You have a few options, if your breathing is okay and your main concern is appearance then you may want to wait and have a septorhinoplasty done in the future. This is a combination procedure of rhinoplasty, which will address the aesthetics of your nose and septoplasty for the functional aspects of your nose. You may also consider fixing the fracture at any time which may help some of your aesthetic concerns and will help with any breathing issues you may have from the fracture. Since you are a minor you will need your parents consent for a consultation and then a proper plan can be put into place. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Broken nose

+1
Dear Monish,

• The answer depends on whether you have gone through your growth spurt
  • I think it might be a little early for a rhinoplasty
  • You can have the bones straightened though, and I would recommend this over a rhinoplasty
  • When you grow a little more, you can consider having the rhinoplasty

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD