Im a 15 Year Old Girl Who Hates my Nose. Would You Plastics Surgeons Even Consider Doing a Rhinoplasty?

Im very insecure about it and it makes me uncomfortable. I want to be an actor/singer but my massive nise is holding me back. I hate it! It makes me depressed and feel less of myself, i very self consious and spend an extra 30 minutes everyday contouring with makeup to make it look smaller. Is there anyway you, as a plastic surgeon would do it considering im underage? And around how much could it cost just to do slight work(making it smaller)?

Rhinoplasty for 15 Year Old Girl

+2

Over the past 35 years I have done rhinoplasties on many 15 year old girls. However, your nose should not hold you back from being a singer - ever hear of Barbra Streisand?

Rhinoplasty on a 15 year old.

+1

Rhinoplasty can be performed on a 15 year old however there are several issues to be addressed.  When considering rhinoplasty on a teenager the physical maturity as well as emotional maturity are very Important If you are 15 but are not very physically mature then it may not be appropriate to do surgery yet.  Also emotional maturity is very important. Rhinoplasty is a surgical procedure and although rare,complications can occur and you need to be able to deal with these. It is also important to know that the change in your nose may not be exactly what you are expecting and a very thorough consultation with an experienced surgeon will help you have realistic expectations.  Most importantly you parents have to be supportive of your decision to have a rhinoplasty.  With all this said, rhinoplasty is usually one of the most positive, confidence building procedures I perform.  Most patients outwardly express how they feel internally and are very happy with the results.

William H. Sabbagh, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty at Age 15

+1

You can absolutely have your nose done at age 15, but this is a decision has to be supported by your parents.  As a minor, your parents will have to consent to your having surgery.  The surgery is commonly done in women your age to help improve appearance and self esteem.  I suggest you visit a board certified facial plastic surgeon with your parents for a consultation.  

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for a 15 year-old

+1

Not only would I consider it, I had mine done at that age for the very same reasons. Do your homework, meet with a couple surgeons and get their opinion about the changes that can be made, and have each give you an estimate of the costs. Look at their before and after photos and see if you like their work. Your parents need to be on board with this, too. Having a rhinoplasty changed my life and is why I now am a facial plastic surgeon!!!

Theda C. Kontis, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

15 yo Rhinoplasty

+1

I have done many noses on young women your age, but you need y our parents cooperation and they need to agree and come with  you and they are the ones who usually pay. Talk to them about your feelings, hopefully they will support  you.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Rhinoplasty Aged 15

+1

Once you have stopped growing and are mature then you can have a rhinoplasty. I have done female patients who are 14. You should get imaged and have your mother come with you for the consultation and imaging session.

There you can decide what you want done to your nose and when. Summertime between school years is often the commonest time to have surgery for your age group.

David A. F. Ellis, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon