Can a 15 Year Old Get a Breast Augmentation?

Yes or no? If so, where? I'll go anywhere. Even if it involves traveling.

Too early

I recommend waiting before considering breast augmentation surgery. You may change both physically and psychologically over the next few years. You should be fairly mature and be able to make an informed decision. 

362 Fairlawn Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M5M 1T6

Age Limit for Breast Augmentation

There is no age limit for breast augmentation. However, most surgeons will not perform breast augmentation surgery for women have not had full breast development.

For women under 18, you will need parental consent.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

1501 Forest Hill Boulevard
West Palm Beach, FL 33406

Breast Enhancement Surgery

You could potentially have saline implants not gels if it was a reconstructive case you could have gels. You need to be physically and mentally ready for surgery. Go see a PS with your parents

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

214 Sullivan St
New York, NY 10012

I make it a rule to wait until at least 18

For primary cosmetic breast augmentations, I recommend waiting for a young lady to reach the age of 18 before doing surgery.  Even then, I need to know that she is mature enough to understand the implications of having implants placed.  On a case-by-case basis I will consider placing implants into younger girls who have deformities affecting the development of normal breasts, but even then, I want them to be mature enough to understand the risks of what we are doing.

Joseph L. Grzeskiewicz, MD

9333 Genesee Ave
San Diego, CA 92121

Adolescent breast augment

Implant manufacturers have agreed with the FDA that implants should not be used in women under age 18 in the USA. I think that, ethically, no one should even consider performing this operation on a 15 year old. You are a minor and need parental consent even to be seen for a consultation. Remember that girls develop at different ages and it is entirely possible that you could be a late bloomer.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

112-03 Queens Blvd
Forest Hills, NY 11375

Breast Augmentation and 15?

Unless you are dealing with a severe congenital anomaly or asymmetry, you will be much better off waiting until full “maturity”.

8851 Center Drive
San Diego, CA 91942

15 and breast augmentation

15 is a bit young unless you have a severe breast deformity.  You should probably wait until you are at least 18 when you have fully grown.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

18 is the age limit for saline implants in the US, and with good reason. Most surgeons would be hesitant to do elective breast surgery before the completion of breast development. 

1110 112th Avenue NE
Bellevue, WA 98004

Not developed yet...

Hello and thanks for your post. At 15, it is unlikely that full breast development has taken place. Breasts can develop until age 22. Enjoy your teenage years! Best wishes, Dr. Aldo

Aldo Guerra, MD

8765 East Bell Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85260

Augmentation on a minor

Good afternoon!

It is not a good idea to have abreast augmentation at your age- your breasts are still developing in both size and shape and chances are good your result at 15 will look significantly different at 18 or 20.

My advice is to wait a couple more years- your body will thank you in the long run.

I hope this helps

Robert Steely, MD

3411 Richmond Avenue
Houston, TX 77046