Can a 15 Year Old Get a Breast Augmentation?

Yes or no? If so, where? I'll go anywhere. Even if it involves traveling.

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1

You could potentially have saline implants not gels if it was a reconstructive case you could have gels. You need to be physically and mentally ready for surgery. Go see a PS with your parents

I make it a rule to wait until at least 18

+1

For primary cosmetic breast augmentations, I recommend waiting for a young lady to reach the age of 18 before doing surgery.  Even then, I need to know that she is mature enough to understand the implications of having implants placed.  On a case-by-case basis I will consider placing implants into younger girls who have deformities affecting the development of normal breasts, but even then, I want them to be mature enough to understand the risks of what we are doing.

Joseph L. Grzeskiewicz, MD

Adolescent breast augment

+1
Implant manufacturers have agreed with the FDA that implants should not be used in women under age 18 in the USA. I think that, ethically, no one should even consider performing this operation on a 15 year old. You are a minor and need parental consent even to be seen for a consultation. Remember that girls develop at different ages and it is entirely possible that you could be a late bloomer.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Breast Augmentation and 15?

+1

Unless you are dealing with a severe congenital anomaly or asymmetry, you will be much better off waiting until full “maturity”.

15 and breast augmentation

+1

15 is a bit young unless you have a severe breast deformity.  You should probably wait until you are at least 18 when you have fully grown.

+1

18 is the age limit for saline implants in the US, and with good reason. Most surgeons would be hesitant to do elective breast surgery before the completion of breast development. 

Not developed yet...

+1

Hello and thanks for your post. At 15, it is unlikely that full breast development has taken place. Breasts can develop until age 22. Enjoy your teenage years! Best wishes, Dr. Aldo

Aldo Guerra, MD

Augmentation on a minor

+1

Good afternoon!

It is not a good idea to have abreast augmentation at your age- your breasts are still developing in both size and shape and chances are good your result at 15 will look significantly different at 18 or 20.

My advice is to wait a couple more years- your body will thank you in the long run.

I hope this helps

Robert Steely, MD